brake conversion

chevyfan

ok ford guys need your help or advice on , whats maybe the cheapest or more easrier way to convert a 66 ford mustang that is a in line six w auto , from manuel drum brakes that has 4 lugs , to a power disc setup , with the 5 lugs all the way around ? any help or advice thanks in advance!

Buy a "72.

Sorry _ could not resist, I am not a ford man so do not know the bone yard interchanges - but there should be complete spindle kits readily avail. Not really the cheapest up front - but in the long run as you would be using new parts. Don't know that I would want to convert the rears with that rear when you can find a 9 ready to bolt in for that relatively easy.

ok ford guys need your help or advice on , whats maybe the cheapest or more easrier way to convert a 66 ford mustang that is a in line six w auto , from manuel drum brakes that has 4 lugs , to a power disc setup , with the 5 lugs all the way around ? any help or advice thanks in advance!

Pick up a Mustang magazine. There are all knids of kits for conversions. Then shop for pricing.

Early 60's Falcons with a V-8 are 5 lug & will bolt right in, using upper & lower A-frames. 64 1/2- 66 mustang V-8s will swap right in.

I know because I took all the suspension & drivetrain from a wrecked 65 Mustang GT & put it in a '61 Falcon Sedan Delivery I got from my uncle. 289- 271 HP, top-loader 4 speed, 9" rear end, sway bars & all. I did have to enlarge the trans hump, just cut the one out of the mustang & used it.

Then that may also apply to the Comet (the Falcon's sister Merc) - there were a few V8's in that line as well. There are probably more Comets in the bone yard than mustang due to brand popularity. So worth looking into.

Yes sir, you are correct.

Also owned for about 2 weeks a really nice '65 Comet Caliente V-8 4 speed.Made a nice profit on that one!

Archived