Cheaper stands prices. Yes or no?

Banker36

32 members have voted

1. 1. Cheaper stands prices. Yes or no?

• A. Yes I do know more that would come.
    • B. No I dont klnow anybody who would come.

DVeit

Thats a great idea why don't you get started on that public access broadcast.

Chuck

You can go as long as you want on your posts at least your keeping everyone

informed on whats going on,and when did I volunteer to hand out flyers.lol

You know I'll do what I can to promote racing however I can.

my personal opinion is that we're beating a dead horse with this topic...

this gets discussed 50 times a night in the pits alone(every time we walk up the hill and look to the left)nobody can do anything about it but jim or brian..this is not a democracy, they own the track..i'm pretty sure they hate loosing money more than we hate seeing empty stands...so just see what the advertisement does for now-for next year....up until 2 yrs. ago we had fairly good sized crowds just on an average night...but then it seem like we did slip of on the advertiseing....no offense sas or ccs ,this might be biast but we've got a class of streeet stocks that could be a touring series of it's own and probably sale more seats than some of the exsisting series...so the (bang for your buck)is not the problem.....

HEY simmer down in here. :angry: This is how it really is. I think its not so much front gate as it is pit gate. My wife loves to come to the track but we cant justify $23.00 plus trying to eat and drink track consessions. Its ridiculous for our crewmembers to pay this also when they keep the show going. Try changing your own tire and you will understand how important these people are . Fans come to see the cars. The cars come hoping the speakers will work in the pits again some day, They hope they wont cut a tire on a sharp potato sized rock in the pits, they come hoping some day they can leave most of the lighting at home cause the track has most of it . Now i dont know about you but a nice pit area and and speakers will draw more cars and also will tend to make a team want to be more prfessional about their presentation. Which in turn makes the track look better.bottom line address the real problem first, car count! Beyyer conditions for the racers and they will come, then the fans will come to see full fields of kick ass racin at the hill By the way the cost of living in houston is far cheaper than here. Go to houston and breath in the poluted air , wouldnt want you to help at home ! :angry:

would it help to do a deal on the back of coke cans or DP cans for advertisements? Couldnt you put a package togeather where a family four pack will get you ticktes, hot dog, chips and a drink for X amount of dollars? Give coupons away at every local Auto parts store in the Sout Austin, Buda, New Braunfels, San Marcos area. You save someone 5 dollars they will spend it back plus some when they get to the track. Just my view on the whole deal.

J.C

You guys say that all this ADVERTISING is going on...but I don't see any of it!!

Where exactly are you doing all this advertising?? Haven't seen any around Austin lately.

Besides the low car count at THR....I don't feel like theres any excitement when I walk through the gate unless the trucks or ROMCO is there.

I don't think that its the prices...its the car count. NO cars NO fans. Thats why the prices are HIGH!!!

I get bored and go else where to watch racing, like at waco!

Word of mouth is the best advertisement. Handing out flyers at the gate before the races to promote the following weeks program would be good with a bring a friend for half price. Public access TV....I would even drive a car around with THR painted all over it (might be liabilty issues involved though). Free media coverage is good when you can get it(anyone have connections?). I know Chuck and all at THR are working hard . I know the bleachers are not going to fill up over night.( Demo derbies fill bleachers.) I have seen some good ideas posted...Chuck, Nick, Bryan....I hope you guys are taking notes because there are a lot of helpful(and Cheap) ideas here.

Boy,

it sure seems that TSZ is full of THR problems/suggestions etc.

But I think that all this applies to SAS as well.

Problem is, I don't see very many people who are passionate about racing and improving SAS posting on here. this is a bad thing. I hope that racing improves in SA. I spent a year hunting sponsors and even in the automotive field I had over 80% of the prospects that either didn't know we had a track here or had never been there. Why is that? With a population of over 1 million we can't get 2000 to show up to the weekly show. It's downright depressing to look up in the stands from the pits and see maybe 500 to 600 fans weekly. I am sure that Mike is not happy with that. I am also sure that he and Debbie are doing things to help that situation, I don't see any of it in the community, but I am sure it is there.

Remember-

Apathy is the thing that sets in right before rigor mortise. If you know what I mean.

I don't believe what im reading on here [ NAME RECOGNITION ] that's fine if your Coke or McDonalds but what your selling is entertaiment first off I don't see any advertising or hear any in Austin.What you guys have to put on is a show of thrills,chills and spills you have to have people going home excited about coming back next week and bringing there neighbors.What racers are racing are doing a good job but you need to build car count people don't care to see 4 cars race a heat race or a feature. I also believe that FANS want to see real race cars not grocery getters made into race cars [ not saying there's not room for starter classes]You guys can keep pating yourselfs on the back and telling yourselfs that your doing a good job and you can keep making excuses why there's no people in the stands but the bottom line is that you don't have time and there's nobody in the seats and the car count is bad and your heading to bankruptcy.

supertx,

That's one way of looking at it.

The other way is to recognize that there really is a problem and work like crazy to fix it. Several of us - make that MANY of us - are doing just that.

The way I see it, you can sit on the sidelines and bad-mouth the tracks, race teams, media, fans, nieghbors, or whatever, OR you can become part of the solution to the problem. It's pretty apparent by reading the many threads here on TSZ who is on which side of the fence.

Bottom line here: If anyone really thinks they have it all figured out, I'm pretty sure the owners of both THR and SAS would be willing to sell you their facilities at a resonable price. That way you can show the rest of us how it should be done.

Nick Holt

We towed up to Wichita Falls on Sunday to test the TAMS cars at their FREE practice session (9am to 3 pm). They were having a race that night that was the 2nd in a two race package where the ARTS trucks ran at Altus the first night and WF on Sunday. That seemed like a good idea and I think I have read suggestions on this board of similar things as could be facilitated by the cooperative track owners group. I also noticed that a local WF radio station had a co promotion with the track for that evening as well. My radio sponsor in Midland wasn't the #1 station at the time I signed them. The #1's think they have the world by the rear already and don't want to hear from you. What I learned about the radio business was that is is all about ratings. The station with the high ratings can charge more for commercials. Maybe you could hook a deal with a hardworking #3 country station. The key to my signing the "little station" was in pointing out that their problems, the track's problems and my problems all had similar solutions. It ended up with the track having a bigger gate, the station having the track's ad business, the station's ratings improving and me racing on OPM...other people's money.

Just trying to help.

Jay

Nick,

Can you get me some flyers, coupons, andything to help get people in the stands and i will start passing them out. i mean a buy 1 get one 1/2 off or free or buy a ticket gets a hot dog or burger free will go along ways man. Send me some promo stuff and i will hit the car dealerships/ auto parts stores in my area.

Thanks J.C

J.C.

I am forwarding your request on to Chuck Licata who handles that end of the deal. Chuck is really working hard to make the track more visable to the community and will be more than happy to work with you.

This is the kind of cooperation we need!

Thanks J.C.

Nick Holt

There are two groups of fans: the local fans that show up every week (or as much as they can afford to) and the fans that watch NASCAR, etc on TV.

Lower prices would have the most impact on the number of local fans. Maybe THR can come-up with a Fan Card that gives returning/frequent fans a discount on tickets, food, t-shirts; including for family, & friends they bring. Higher car counts, fan interaction, giveaways, etc. that have been mentioned by others are also valid. The more immediate increases in attendance will come from this group.

There is a growing untapped market of "TV" fans. A surprising number of people in Austin watch NASCAR. I say suprising because people in Austin hide being a race fan like its was a STD or something. I am shocked how many people in Austin get the Speed Channel. Almost 100% of the "TV" fans I talk to don't even know THR exists. Those people don't know about Chuck's radio show either. The Media coverage sucks in Austin for ALL types of motorsports, no regular mentions, no THR results in the statesman box scores. The "TV" fans are the most expensive people to reach (TV, Radio, & Newspaper). High Quality ads during NASCAR or on SpeedChannel (during Truck Races, ASA, ProCup) are the only ways to effectively reach them ($$$). These people are probably going to be drawn in by a touring series. This is the group that will bring long-term growth.

If TMZ were to start an user e-mail campaign to the AAS and local TV it might help some. They respond to volume.

you know the local tv station that films the same motorcycle races 5 nights a week on like channel 10 or 11 or somewhere in there. Whaqt if we got a deal and they film THR and broadcasted it 1 or 2 nights a week? Its local tv but people channel surfing will hit it every once in a while. May spark some interest

Just a thought

J.C

j.c. you got too many thoughts-and too many cents worth of ideas.......just get to work...i kid,i kid....

Archived