***Races Cancelled*** for Sept 11

Battleground is still on

Alrighty then... Count us in... Just got back home tonight and we sure got a lot of rain down this way... Geez it is soggy. Cotton picking over here ain't looking real good for this weekend either....

Lauren - Dust off your driving suit... To Battleground you will go this weekend...

Just got a message from Mike Walling, SOS Street Stocks can come and race with the Hobby Stock but because of the difference in rules you will not be scored. Now I did not get to speak with Mike as I was on the other line but he did leave me that as a voicemail. I am trying to get back in touch with him to find out if that means no purse payout as well. I spoke with Tony B. who did speak with Mike and it was his understanding as well that SOS Streets can come run but you will not be scored nor will you be paid. As soon as I hear back from Mike I will post something.

For the cars running a hydraulic cam not exceeding (I think) 450 lift, and if you're not running racing heads, and if you get on g60's, you'd basically be Hobby legal. Plus you could drop 200 lbs. I wasn't completely aware about the no scoring thing, but that is how we did it on the last of our most recent 3 runs there when we got back on our Dirt Bozz tires and our 10" wide wheels. When we were on the dirt bozz tires, we ran for no scoring / money...

We're gonna go regardless. It is a fun place to run and good group of people like most all places. If anyone heads over, don't plan to run a 6.90 like you do at Texana, or like some do at SOS, unless you want to bring the motor back in a box... :lol: ... We run a 6.26 when we run over there, and that is just about right.

For the cars running a hydraulic cam not exceeding (I think) 450 lift, and if you're not running racing heads, and if you get on g60's, you'd basically be Hobby legal. Plus you could drop 200 lbs. I wasn't completely aware about the no scoring thing, but that is how we did it on the last of our most recent 3 runs there when we got back on our Dirt Bozz tires and our 10" wide wheels. When we were on the dirt bozz tires, we ran for no scoring / money...

We're gonna go regardless. It is a fun place to run and good group of people like most all places. If anyone heads over, don't plan to run a 6.90 like you do at Texana, or like some do at SOS, unless you want to bring the motor back in a box... :lol: ... We run a 6.26 when we run over there, and that is just about right.

It is an awesome track and Mike is a good guy, doing a fine job. It has been confirmed that all SOS Street Stocks are welcome to come and race but you will not be scored which means you will not be paid a purse. Now if you change your car over to Battleground rules you will be scored and you will receive a purse.

If money is not an issue I highly recommend anyone who can go, to go. The track is not right around the corner but it is worth the drive. As I stated it's an awesome track and Mike is a good guy and I for one commend him for sticking to his guns and enforcing his rules but at the same time being flexiable to allow our style Street Stocks an opportunity to come and race.

Archived