CK Racing's Grand Prix First Feature Win

texana55

For those who were at the recent $1k to win Texana Street Race, you will recall that we put Randy "Bubba" Seals in Lauren's car after the gear in his car broke in hot laps that night. Many thought that was a nice gesture of us, but in reality it was mine and Lauren's covert plan to get him to diagnose the car for why it had such a push. We learned much that night. So, our next mission was to send it to Battleground for him to run on his turf and do some more assessment, which was done on August 14th. We are not quite done yet, but last weekend it looks like our operation started paying off. Bubba got back in the car last Saturday (August 14th), this time at Battleground, and took the CK Racing Outlaw Grand Prix to its first feature win in a field of 18 cars.

We put Lauren's car on the required G60's and the shoe from Humble took it to victory lane. It looks like our Texana fender cars are a good pairing with the Houston Hobbys. For those considering competing in the Grand, you will have fun, and this gives you a good overview of the track. You can view the video from the Texas Dirt Network at the following link. Go to about the 23 minute mark to see the start of the Hobby Stock feature:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8935950

-Monty

Monty,

You can say what you want about covert plans and try to fool people into thinking you were using Mr, Seals and you some kind of manipulator/bad guy, but we all know what a great person you are, quit trying to hide it...lol Congrats on getting the car dialed in.

two in a row, I guess those edna-shadyoaks cars can outrun houston hobbies afterall. I guess since the points season is over, some will be looking to get ready for the grand. I will get with mike walling this weekend on what he's gonna allow yall to run if you want to come and try. I spoke with him today trying to pull a few strings so to make it an easy transition and affordable and I think we came up with something. He will allow yall to run with us just as you are, you only have to add 100lbs. I think that's a pretty fair deal considering we have to add 100lbs to come race with yall. He also wanted me to let you all know that there will be no registration or race fee at battleground. you only pay your 25$ pitpass and you get to play. I told mike that I was going to run the dirtboss tires this weekend and won't get paid or get points. This will be a little test for yalls cars compared to our cars. I myself don't think the dirtboss is any better of a tire than the g60. I hope it all goes well and hope to see some new faces from down south.

skip to 31 minutes of the video right after the sprint bmain. and ss49 <_< , if you watch the video of the flagman waiving the green flag on the starts of the race you will see that I did not jump the start :P isn't technology wonderful :lol:

texasdirtnetwork

Randy seals

Hell I was watching and maybe the only one defending you on that start. Good job you looked fast as hell but take it easy on em I dont want to change very much when we come I dont like working that much! Oh yea BTW I picked you to win too! Hey also hope you convince them to go with the same rule package for the Tx Grand....

Nope! I will say everybody was sleeping..lol, and it looked clean to me. The car looked good as far as handling, but it appears it lacks a little on the topend for power.

Nope! I will say everybody was sleeping..lol, and it looked clean to me. The car looked good as far as handling, but it appears it lacks a little on the topend for power.

Watching that 4 wide start from where we were, in the pits between 1&2, was amazing to me. Very exciting to see that, but a little un-nerving also... :lol:

I have generally felt like our motor as is was a little slow on initial reaction, and better at top end as it keeps on pulling. However, he was able to get it out of the hole on the start very well. You may be right, it might be lacking on top end. All in all, it is sure satisfying to see the car handling well and getting to where we've been searching for all year. With the better handling, we can always make up a little in the turns for what we might miss out on the straights. Lauren has been able to witness the new potential the car has with the brakes where they need to be and so forth. An ill handling car is so frustrating, so that being addressed will help a lot.

Couple of other notes.

1. It is great to see cars from different home tracks running together in close competion. It helps both sides so we can run stuff together that is not exactly identical. Our cars are very, very close.

2. I don't think many folks over our way know Kyle Dixon. He is only 17 and is the driver of the F1 that was right there also. Incredibly nice young man and super good driver. I mention this because I always appreciate young talent that races clean and is as personable as this young man. Listen for his name over the next few years. I think you will be hearing more about him.

3rd times a charm :P

skip to 39 minutes in texas dirt network

You need to just stay in the class your running and stay away from the limited mod class...lol

I suspect drivers in the fender class wish he'd of never graduated out of Go-Karts. :P

I want also to share a couple thoughts. We've been very fortunate to have different folks watch out for us and help us along the way with our racing. We received a great deal of help from Chris Shafer and Butch King last Fall getting Lauren's car finalized and ready to show. We've had lots of support over the past few years from Johnny Thomas, Justin "Peanut" Airhart, Adam Perks, Ben Smith, Bruce "drive it into the turn til your guts can't stand it and add one second to that" Tesch and others.

When Randy decided he would take Lauren's car on to get it working right, that was a dream come true that was for us. We've watched him and been in awe of his driving for about seven years and we feel fortunate to have forged a strong friendship with him. And get the car working right he did. Right out of the box a feature win and backing it up with two more right behind that in a large field of cars. Dry or tacky, it didn't seem to matter once he got it handling. And to think, on that first night he was just feeling the car out..

Now, the #55 is headed home, and Lauren will continue her learning with a good handling car...

Randy - We will never forget the help you've given us and what you've done for Lauren's racing program. We think of you, Carrie and the girls as family. As I'm known to do, I can go on and on writing, but this time I will just say Thank You!!

-Monty

Archived