1st annual "Aaron Hudgeons Memorial" night at the races!

TRP

After talking with the Hudgeons' family this week, I asked them about having a night at the track in honor of

a beloved racer, father, and son, that being Aaron Hudgeons. We lost Aaron not too long ago after his battle with cancer.

They were honored for us to do this. So we are preparing to make this a great night at the racetrack.

We will be paying an enhanced purse for the Limited / Sport Mods this night. More details to come on purse. We

will be running the "Southern Sport Modified" Rules package, our regular rules at this track.

This is the class that Aaron competed in and enjoyed so much. And we want to do it up big! If you would like to help

or donate to this event, PM me here on LSSZ, or email me at buster@awesomenet.net.

Thanks again!

After talking with the Hudgeons' family this week, I asked them about having a night at the track in honor of

a beloved racer, father, and son, that being Aaron Hudgeons. We lost Aaron not too long ago after his battle with cancer.

They were honored for us to do this. So we are preparing to make this a great night at the racetrack.

We will be paying an enhanced purse for the Limited / Sport Mods this night. More details to come on purse. We

will be running the "Southern Sport Modified" Rules package, our regular rules at this track.

This is the class that Aaron competed in and enjoyed so much. And we want to do it up big! If you would like to help

or donate to this event, PM me here on LSSZ, or email me at buster@awesomenet.net.

All classes will be racing this night. Thanks again!

outstanding! anything I can do to help let me know. Any thoughts on making this an annual event?

duh! I guess I should read the thread title...lol I will be sporting Aarons #10 on the infamous #21 sail panel

That is a great show of respect. Would be great if all of the racers could put Aaron's # "10" somewhere on their car.

The Hudgeons family will be there. I think it would be a great show of respect for Aaron, his family, and the fans.

This is an awesome thing to do. Really happy for kurt and caleb and the hudgeons family to see this for aaron.

Only thing that reallllllllllllllllly sucks is that this race is put on here with two weeks notice. Also on a regular already scheduled night at sts. I personally would guarantee myself to be there other than the fact that so many people have helped me race to run somewhat for points. I am not sure of this but i believe there are more drivers from the cc area that may not go just the fact of a regular night here. Its so quick owen couldnt even change a date to make it work for us who want to go support this race.

The benefit race Bruce put on was awesome and a ton of cars showed up. I guess im just really sad that this is a race i really wanted to be at and had told myself i would be at before it was scheduled cause Aaron was a great guy and I drive one of his cars. Maybe next year i guess.

Dustin

I know the Texana regular season is scheduled to end on 8/21. But, Dustin has a good point. Any discussion as to whether this might could be done as a post points season event. There were a good number of STS racers that came up and supported the benefit on opening night of 2009 in Limiteds and that thing turned out really nice, as well as a good amount from Houston area as well.

As many people as Aaron and his family touched, I know all that any who can will want to be involved and support the event. Anyway, something to at least toss around and discuss if possible.

I know the Texana regular season is scheduled to end on 8/21. But, Dustin has a good point. Any discussion as to whether this might could be done as a post points season event. There were a good number of STS racers that came up and supported the benefit on opening night of 2009 in Limiteds and that thing turned out really nice, as well as a good amount from Houston area as well.

As many people as Aaron and his family touched, I know all that any who can will want to be involved and support the event. Anyway, something to at least toss around and discuss if possible.

We have been discussing this issue. We want to allow as many of the racers and people that knew and competed against and with Aaron the opportunity to participate in this event. I know that a lot of STS, Corpus racer's want to be involved in this event, so we are going to reschedule this event. Thus being said, we are holding off having this event till all dates and events are combed over. With 3 tracks in the area, it will be tough to find a date that will not interfere with one or the other.

But we will do what we can. Thanks for your consideration for this event.

I will post more info on date, times, purse and event as soon as we can get things ironed out.

All classes will be racing this night. Thanks again!

I know for a fact Nema-Tek Computer Solutions (my company) and Mickey's Auto Repair & Towing (Mickey Helms) are willing to add to the purse. Please let us know the plans for the race.

duh! I guess I should read the thread title...lol I will be sporting Aarons #10 on the infamous #21 sail panel

That is a great show of respect. Would be great if all of the racers could put Aaron's # "10" somewhere on their car.

The Hudgeons family will be there. I think it would be a great show of respect for Aaron, his family, and the fans.

Connie Lindsey and Dewy Albrecht will be selling a decal In Memory of Aarron to help the Hudgeons with medical expenses. The cost is 10.00 each and have white, black and red. I will post a picture of it later today. So come on everyone and buy one for your race car, personal vehicle, trailer or just donate.

Archived