Circle Track Smokers gets green flag at THR

NickHolt

And you thought the off-season improvements to the Thunder Hill Raceway racing surface were major.. Well now comes the news that Circle Track Smokers will be taking over the concessions at THR starting this Saturday!

Many of you will recall the yummy BBQ that Circle Track Smokers owner Joey Smith and his crew served up for the THR Points Fund Benefit earlier in the year. Talk about good! Lot's of folks went back for seconds! Me too.

Joey's one of us - a racer whose slogan is "Smoke You on and off the Track!" And to show you how serious he is about this deal he has built a new smoker which will remain on the THR grounds during the week. Sounds serious to me.

Joey says at first they're going to offer BBQ beef sandwiches, chopped BBQ sandwiches, made-fresh chili pies, chili dogs, wrapped sausage, hamburgers, hot dogs and a few other items, but later on, once he gets a feel for things, he's planning on offering specials on different race nights. He was thinking along the lines of fajita plates, catfish plates and BBQ plates and whatever else strikes his fancy that week.

I don't know about you, but I'm coming to the track hungry from now on. I've had Joey's cooking before and it's worth a trip to the track with or without the racing

Nick Holt

Just got a follow-up call from Joey. Seems the current concession people have requested the opportunity to service the grandstand concessions for the next week or two so they can sell off some of their inventory. Makes sense.

But please note that Joey will be serving the Pit side as of this Saturday.. Yes.......

Nick, Is the food going to be any cheaper!!!!

I really don't know what Joey will be charging, artsfan, but knowing Joey it won't be much more than what he needs to break even and pay his help. Let me share what he did for the THR Points Fund Benefit. He fed you all you could eat for whatever donation you decided to contribute. And he didn't have anyone there checking to see how much you put in either. Of course, that can't happen in the concession stand because he has to make some money or go out of business, but it gives you an idea of where this guy is coming from.

Nick Holt

Hey, Can we have both there in the grandstands? Give the fan's a taste of what is to come, and make it a smoother transition? Sorry but living at the track all day saturday.. i sure could use some real meat.. with or without Bread... and i am sure our Fan's feel the same!!!

I tried Joey's Chopped BBQ sandwich after the drivers' meeting. It was packed full of meet (and pickles and onions at my request) and delicious. So good that during intermission I went back for a second one which was just as good as the first!!!

Nick Holt

since we have all these eatin contest(hotdogs/buffalo wings/etc)maybe it's time for the 1st ANNUAL THUNDERHILL RACEWAY CHOPPED BBQ SANDWICH EATOFF-pay a fee and see how many you can eat-be a champ for a YEAR-LOL

since we have all these eatin contest(hotdogs/buffalo wings/etc)maybe it's time for the 1st ANNUAL THUNDERHILL RACEWAY CHOPPED BBQ SANDWICH EATOFF-pay a fee and see how many you can eat-be a champ for a YEAR-LOL

That's already in the planning stages, Tommy42... I'm already working on the details! :D:D

Dude, if you want to compete, fix the Truck!!!

like dale jarrett says"i aint driving the truck"---well i say "I aint fixing the truck"---and as for as wanting to compete-been doing that for last 45 years and my butt is tired-I'll rest up some and probably will get something else so we can race when I want too-by the way-Chili cookoff in marble falls this weekend-thats where i'm going to be-100 degree weather/500 degree chili sure makes a cold beer taste good-if you can taste anything when your done - :P

Archived