Ted Carlson sales race track.

HORSEPOWER

If it is on the market, hopefully someone can step up to the plate and buy it and concentrate on upgrading the facility. If I had the resources, just like anyone else on this board wish they had, I'm sure they know it is a potential gold mine and they would put their money into it. How much do you think it is worth on the market?

Speculation and dreaming is oh so much fun!!! Especially when you're spending somebody else's dinero!!

Wouldn't SAS only be a purchase of the equipment and the lease?? Don't the Reah's(or the family) still own the real estate portion and are just leasing use of the property?? Or did Carlson buy the propery when he purchased it??

Horsepower and Fryar Fan,

The SAS property is leased property. The orginal lease was for 100 years, but I understand that each new owner has to make their own arrangements with the family that owns the property. The purchaser would be buying the business, buildings and equipment. Rumor has it that the last time the track sold the figure was $250,000.

I'm not certain that Mr. Carlson is ready to sell SAS at this point. But as my uncle used to say, "There ain't nothing I own or married that I wouldn't sell if the price were right."

Nick Holt

Archived