9in Floater

Chevy35

Would like to know the reason for not being able to run the floater @ Edna, am looking to buy new car and several of them have the floater in them was just curios why you cant run this in Edna , there is no real advantage but is alot safer.

Would like to know the reason for not being able to run the floater @ Edna, am looking to buy new car and several of them have the floater in them was just curios why you cant run this in Edna , there is no real advantage but is alot safer.

I am kind of curious about this myself, they are not a performance advantage, actually they take more horsepower to run than a conventional rear end, but do offer a degree of safety from flying axles and wheel assemblies.

I am kind of curious about this myself, they are not a performance advantage, actually they take more horsepower to run than a conventional rear end, but do offer a degree of safety from flying axles and wheel assemblies.

We had this topic covered earlier this year. We opted not to put it into the rules for this season. I am going to look into the possibility making them optional next year. But it is too late into the season to make a major change in the rules for this year.

We allowed the racers to put disc brakes on the rear-ends this year for added safety. This is what the majority asked for.

If you are a first timer at our track, we will allow you to run at our track. In the closest class that fits your car.

there ya go Tony, get with all your street stock competitors and lobby for the floater for next season and get the rule changed and go buy a car...lol

ITS FOR SAFETY...change it NOW...no need to wait to make the class safer...AJ

I tell you what...lets call in the big guys..someone call all the top chassis builders..and ask them if they think there is a performance advantage..I bet not one will say it is..unless you call finishing more races an advantage... speedway sells a complete floater with everything you need for under 700$ that is crazy cheap...you will pay that much rebuilding a stock 7.5 to make it 1/4 as safe as a floater...

ITS FOR SAFETY...change it NOW...no need to wait to make the class safer...AJ

I tell you what...lets call in the big guys..someone call all the top chassis builders..and ask them if they think there is a performance advantage..I bet not one will say it is..unless you call finishing more races an advantage... speedway sells a complete floater with everything you need for under 700$ that is crazy cheap...you will pay that much rebuilding a stock 7.5 to make it 1/4 as safe as a floater...

agreed!

Archived