Bridge Building 101

NickHolt

After several months of discussions, THR owners Brian Callaway and Jim Lynch and Mary and Naumann decided to take a step towards working together once again.

A little over a month month ago, Brian and Jim authorized me to enter into negotiations with Mary Ann for a track rental agreement for Saturday, June 12. Mary Ann and I exchanged a few very positive emails in April about that possibility and exchanged a couple of other ideas. Unfortunately, for several very good reasons, Mary Ann had to decline the offer for the track rental.

Believe me, I am not trying to start anything negative here whatsoever. Mary Ann and I just wanted everyone to know that things are moving in a positive direction and feel confident that THR and TSRS will continue to talk seriously about the future.

I don't have a punch line here. Just wanted folks to know that bridge building seems to be under way!

Nick Holt

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Ditto Nick, I felt really welcomed Saturday night @ THR, it was nice to be going through the grandstands raising some cash for Shawn Paul and visiting with the race fans from my days as GM @ THR. TSRS looks forward to possible opportunities with THR. And I hate to blow Jason's (TSZ) cover, he is a really nice guy in person & I congratulate him on his win!

Sincerely,

Mary Ann

Guest The_Greek

i would think if THR wanted the TSRS back they would invite them, not force them to have to rent the track out etc etc.

Maybe TSRS can be a part of the stock car spectacular this year............

That would make for one great night of racing..............

THR & TSRS need to work this out , so the late models can race this race...

Great news anyway .

I am glad to hear things are moving forward.....

I have always been a big Supporter of TSRS & I am happy to see the great changes that have been made so far this season at THR.

Victory lane

The_Greek,

Renting the track out is usually how a touring series come to any track. Nick prob can enlighten us more..

But if TSRS rents the track its a great thing not a bad thing..... and there is no force about it.. its just how i do believe any touring series does business with a track.

abrungot,

Renting the track out is usually how a touring series come to any track. Nick prob can enlighten us more..

It can happen either way. Sometimes a series likes to rent a track since they stand to make more money if the deal is right. Sometimes a series prefers to be hosted by the track. I just depends on a lot of different variables.

The_Greek,

would think if THR wanted the TSRS back they would invite them, not force them to have to rent the track out etc etc.

I'm not sure exactly why you would want to make something as positive as this into a negative, but it's a free world.

To address your concern more directly, I'm quite sure TSRS has conducted events at various tracks under a variety of arrangements in the past and will do so in the future. And please keep in mind that bridge building, as both THR and TSRS understand, takes place from both sides of the river, not just one. In this case you have assumed that all the bridge building needs to come from the THR side of the river. Just like in most things in life, there are always two perspectives and in this case that certainly is true.

Both THR and TSRS have expressed a willingness to cooperate with each other which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

Nick Holt

Archived