Charles Buxton THR recap, 5/15/04

FLAT TIRE FLATTENS CHANCE FOR WIN AT THUNDERHILL

5/17/2004 White Knuckle Racing PR

This past weekends Late Model race at Thunderhill was the first race of the season for Charles Buxton and his White Knuckle Racing team.

"Over the off-season the car was completely rebuilt, so I was taking it easy in the heat race. The car had a real bad vibration so I pulled off after 3 laps. We worked on the car until they made us line up for the feature. When we started the feature, I got on the radio and told the crew the vibration was still there. I was even easier on the car because of that."

Starting 7th on the grid he kept a steady pace and stayed out of trouble. After completing 24 of the scheduled 35 laps, he had moved his way up to 2nd place. On the restart on lap 25, he lost 2 car lengths to eventual race winner Marc Currey. Three laps later another caution flew because of a multiple car spin in turns 1&2. With just a handful of laps to go, Buxton got a great start and stayed on the back bumper of Currey until turn 1. In the apex of turns 1&2, the car slid up to the high lane where he lost three positions in route to a 5th place finish. This was his first top 5 of the season in his first attempt. "The car was real good until the tire started losing air. We had an easy 2nd place finish, and maybe would have had something for the 05 car had the tire not gone down."

The next scheduled race for Buxton and the White Knuckle Racing crew is the TSRS race in Houston on May 29th.

http://wkr77.tripod.com

Archived