TPS that is coming to CC

Guest The_Greek

Guest The_Greek

im not sure the rules, maybe Neil Upchurch can clarify, but when the Texas Pro Sedan come to CC on May 29th, if our local class is eligible to run with those guys, we could have over 35 cars for this race, that will be very interesting to say the least with so many cars out there, you scoring officials better get ready for that night lol. i counted 22 cars last night in the mini stock feature, im not sure how many run the Pro Sedan series, but i figure at least 15. maybe they can start them 3 wide like indy does.

The Greek, yes our local thunder cars are elgible to race with the TPS, but only 20

cars are starting the grid so there won't be many thunders starting the race. There

are about at least 15 from TPS coming including myself and a few others from corpus

that are TPS members. :)

GREEK - As TPS returns to CC for the first time in nine years, here is "how it works out" >>

The May 29 Race Bulletin was mailed to all Texas Pro Sedans driver/members on May 1. It was also posted on TexasProSedans.com for the benefit of CCMS Thunder Car drivers who might want to enter the May 29th race.

The following qualification rules were stated:

TPS QUALIFYING TRIALS – 2 laps – Line Inverted by 2004 TPS Points

TPS Last Chance Qual race -10 laps - to determine positions 15 thru 18

TEXAS PRO SEDAN FEATURE- 30 Laps - Grid limit 20 cars - Yellow laps not scored.

Grid Notes:

Positions 1 thru 14 to fastest single time trial lap time.

Positions 15 thru 18 by first thru fourth finish in Last Chance Qual race.

Positions 19 & 20 by TPS points prior to May 29 (if no TPS pointed driver is assigned to positions 19 and/or 20, the starting spot will be assigned to 5th and/or 6th in the Last Chance Qual Race.

Currently, five TPS drivers with TPS points, who reside in Corpus Christi, are entrys in the race.

A total of 21 entrys have been filed.

Three TPS drivers from the CC area have not yet filed entry.

No entry application has yet to be received from CCMS Texas Thunder drivers as of May 19.

Complete May 29th entry information is posted on TexasProSedans.com

So Greek, as you can see, only two provisional starting slots are awarded to TPS members. All other grid positions are open to all entrys, to be earned the old fashioned way, by on track performance.

Thanks for asking.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Admin Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Guest The_Greek

hey Neil thanks for responding with the info, i have a question....do the regular CC cars have to run as is or can they improve their cars to upgrade for the TPS race, and btw i hope that alot of our locals show up for that race, i would think they might have a big advantage having ran here on a weekly basis and the TPS not having run here in quite some time, should make for a very interesting race but then again most races here at CC are very interesting and exciting to say the least.

To: THE GREEK In answer to your post, following are the upgrade rules exceptions that have been offered to CCMS Texas Thunder cars. The exceptions were added to equalize TPS and CCMS cars.

INVITED CARS: C.C.Motor Spreedway Texas Thunder cars & Texas Minis will be accepted provided they are in compliance with their 2004 Mini Stock rules with the following upgrade optional exceptions. They may use:

TPS 13” Hoosier Racing Tires, after-market suspension parts and may lock drive wheels.

(Note: These exceptions are subject to post race change(s).

Also noteworthy - on the three 2004 TPS race dates at CCMS: May 29, July 31 and September 4, CCMS Texas Thunder cars will have the night off in order to make them free to run with TPS.

For entry information, CCMS drivers should contact me as-soon-as possible as TPS requires pre-entry information for PA announcer correctness and so we know where to mail the purse check.

Thanks for asking.

Neil Upchurch

Race & Admin Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

HEY TEXAS THUNDER CARS AT CCMS:

It is only eight days till the Texas Pro Sedans return to C.C. Motor Speedway after a nine year lay-off.

You have all the track knowledge on handling, best gear and etc.

To keep everything even, Time Trials will be held to set the first 18 on grid (not TPS points).

TPS has several sponsors to enhance the purse.

Don't wait till race day when the entry fee increases. Save money on entry fee by pre-entering.

For more May 29 race and entry information call,

Neil Upchurch

Race & Admin Director

Texas Pro Sedans

210/655-3222

Archived