ATTENTION STREET STOCKS!

TRP

As you know we are having our Big Street Stock race this weekend! $1000 to win!! After talking to racers, fans, and sponsors, and some friends as well, We have come up with a great idea. We are going to have time trials for qualifying. :o Two laps of qualifying for each car, fastest time on the Pole!! This is a first for Texana and should be a great time for the fans and racers.

Oh and one other thing, Hmmmm, possible invert? :rolleyes: We'll have to see!

Don't want any sand baggers! :ph34r:

Maybe we can get a sponsor for the top qualifier? Any business or individual want to sponsor something for the top qualifier? We will announce it for you, if you'd like, for advertisement. If you do let me know, or PM me here on LSSZ.

See all of you on Saturday the 24th!!

And don't forget, the 24th will also be our Big Annual Bicycle Give-a-way!!

Let's make some kids happy! :)

is that a quailfier for the heat starting spot or the feature.

Hey Randy, It is for the feature! If we have 25 cars or less, all will qualify by time. if we have more cars, top 18-20 qualify on time and will have the rest run a B-main to make the field for the money race.

So, it will be time trials to qualify for the feature, in lieu of heat races? Thus, no heats for the street stocks? Fine with me if that's the case.. One less fender or door panel I'll have to straighten out. :blink: And, if the announcer has sufficient knowledge of the drivers, he can really make it informative for the fans.

I don't get the mention of invert idea if we are doing time trials. If we are doing time trials, that would be counter productive.

Also, please clarify..

Also, Ken, time trials for this event is a good idea, but this will be the best time single lap time of the two laps you run, not the average of the two and it will be done off of the transponder timing, right?

Monty..here is what i think he means by invert...no heat races...so you have to qualify...so...you would have to try hard to make top 18 (if there is more than 25 cars) if you sandbag you could be in the b main... right? I like the invert idea...fans need a show too....but..it would have to be a suprise...so if there were less than 25 cars..people would not know if they should sandbag or not...lol

So, it will be time trials to qualify for the feature, in lieu of heat races? Thus, no heats for the street stocks? Fine with me if that's the case.. One less fender or door panel I'll have to straighten out. :blink: And, if the announcer has sufficient knowledge of the drivers, he can really make it informative for the fans.

I don't get the mention of invert idea if we are doing time trials. If we are doing time trials, that would be counter productive.

Also, please clarify..

Also, Ken, time trials for this event is a good idea, but this will be the best time single lap time of the two laps you run, not the average of the two and it will be done off of the transponder timing, right?

Yes you are correct Monty, It will the best single lap time, not the average, of two (2) laps, timed off of the transponders. I thought I would stir things up with the invert, :o It is not a final decision to do an invert. That is one of the reasons to find a sponsor for the top qualifier so that we would not have any sandbaggers holding back and hoping for an invert. <_< Hope that everything is clear as Mud. ;)

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTX0408

looks like someone wants a heavy track...lol...

Well, I hope for dry...and...I kinda like the qualifying thing...though..dont try this very often...its neat every great once in a while...but..gets boring quick...imo...AJ

Hey AJ, I agree with you. Wow! :blink: J/k. I wanted to do this for this big race. By qualifing by time for the feature, driver's cannot blame anyone but themselves, and it's very possible to have 25 cars qualify and survive to make the feature. If we ran heat races, several cars would get tore up and probably some good cars too, to get a better starting position. Kamakaze if you will. This way we will have a full field of cars for the feature.

Archived