dirt modified feature

1. Lawerence Mikulencak #87

2. Steve Whitaker #88

3. Steve Whitaker JR #89

4. Matt Gardener #20

in the thunder class (mini stocks) feature 22 cars started the races wow

1. 77

2. 14

I heard the car count was just downright amazing last night. At this rate we might have 30 cars in each class show up each week at the end of the season! Then can someone say...latemodels?

Guest The_Greek

each class had 20 or more cars, except for the dirt mods, and thats only cause McAllen ran last night also. the car counts at CC have grown enormously, with more cars getting built as we speak.

The only problem with such a big car count is that not one feature made it through the first lap without a caution. There were so many cars out there and they all wanted to win by trying to get the lead on the first lap and it cause a lot of wrecks and in turn a lot of heavily damaged cars!! All I have to add to that is, Outlaw Racing, a.k.a. the Carlucci's, did a great job. Greg Sr. took 1st heat, Greg Jr. took 2nd heat, and they finished 1 & 2 in the feature With Greg Jr. being the winner, Greg Sr. in second and Bill Stephens right there in 3rd. I enjoyed the night!! :D

Guest The_Greek

thanks for that recap TX, i left right after the Mod race, so i can see the 2nd half of the Lakers and Spurs, i wished i wouldve stayed at the track instead, as the Spurs played awful and were eliminated.

:o Yes Tx trouble the larger car count is a problem for many cars . too many cars were damaged due to the fact that they usaually run a consalation race and only start 21 cars per class... I guess they didnt do this to save time since they added in the the dirt mods that were rained out friday ... but I think it might have taken less time to run extra races than to clear up all the wrecks and certainly would been cheaper on the drivers pocket books ... if to many cars get totaled out and stop coming the track will start to lose money / car count. Just my 2 cents worth

----------------

as for results the bomber first heat was won by the 36 car, second heat by the 72 car not sure about the third head...

Guest modified man

Hey CAM, If I remember right the 04 took out two cars in the heat race. That particular incident had nothing to do with a large car count, it had something to do with driving ability. I heard they didn't run "B" mains because of time constraints. They probably wanted to get the show done for us spectators at a decent hour. Over all a very good racing night. CCMS has come a long way in a short time. Good luck.

Hey CAM, If I remember right the 04 took out two cars in the heat race. That particular incident had nothing to do with a large car count, it had something to do with driving ability. I heard they didn't run "B" mains because of time constraints. They probably wanted to get the show done for us spectators at a decent hour. Over all a very good racing night. CCMS has come a long way in a short time. Good luck.

Hi Modified Man,

Please re read my earlier post ... You will see I was not referring to the heat race car count but the feature car counts as was TX Trouble.. But since you brought up the 04 bomber. I will say he is a rookie and sadly rookies make mistakes. We can only hope they learn from them quickly... AS for the two cars he took out as you put it one of them went on to win that same race. I agree it was a bad wreck and hope it doesnt happen again.

How funny,in the mods,# 87,88,89, how offten do you see that,what is the web site for cc speedway,and are they running every sat nite.

Not sure if the the dirt mods will run on sat as friday night every other week is the dirt car schedule. This time they ran sat due to the rain out of their friday show. That was a cool way for the cars to finish

Archived