mufflers

kevin bowen

I am going to bring some mufflers w\me sat if someone needs one or a pair. ;) magna flow , flowmaster and turbos they will be cheap and will have clamps also, just come by the pit and talk to me , terry or joey. Just remember guys , bigger isnt always better or more quiet. Word of warning ,do not run any more than 8 to 10" of tubing behind the muffler. Most of the time the deeper the tone the lower the db. The best thing i have ever found is a good x-pipe with the biggest cross section you can get and a pair of magna flows. I guarantee all you will hear is fan and carb noise. I am currently gearing up to build mufflers that will be very well below 96db if they are installed the way i say and the tubing is done the way i say it needs to be done. I have seen reasonably quiet mufflers get a bad rap due to the noise they made and it wasnt the mufflers fault . look and listen to every car in our pit , they will all pass and sound good and yes as you know they are fast. If all goes well i should have a couple of prototypes ready by next month. good luck to all this weekend.

Archived