Vintage Meet Cowtown August 21st, 2010

Hrodder

Several cars from this area will be there, and there is a great group of racers from the Wichita Falls area who will be bringing some of their cars. I have seen pictures of their restorations, and they are second to none.

My Dad, myself and Grandson Michael will be leaving Friday morning so we can catch the midgets in Crandall, then we will be at Cowtown all day Saturday with the Vintage cars. I'll be wearing out batteries in the camera. I also know of several local racers/fans who are planning to go up there for midgets, old racers, old racecars, and old stories.

If you have any interest in open wheel racing, and its' history, this is a must see event.

See ya there?

Central Texas old timers will recognize this car; it was driven by Buddy Jerkins, and crewed by Buddy Simon. This car is owned by Adolph Zuehl, and he will be displaying the car at Cowtown August 21st.

If you like racing history, you will be there.

post-21-1279377738.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Current car count expected at this event August 21st is sitting at 22-24, and phone calls are coming in every day from others interested. Already confirmed are several Midgets, Supermodifieds, Sprint cars and Modifieds.

Cowtown promoter Bo Rawdon has thrown out the red carpet, and has already expressed the desire in having them back next year.

One of the latest entries is Ray Arnold of Weatherford, Texas, who owns a good looking 67 Edmunds midget that he races at vintage shows in the midwest. Ray has long ties to East Coast racing, and his Father Chuck was a standout on the East Coast, and also boasts a start in the Indy 500.

This is Ray's Car, and keep in mind that he regularly gets this car dirty, and the paint is over 10 years old.....

post-21-1280790840.jpg

post-21-1280790855.jpg

Current confirmed cars planning to show stands at 20, and several other owners are talking about bringing theirs also.

We were worried that we may end up with too many entries wanting to participate, but a conversation with Cowtown Promoter Bo Rawdon put a stop to those worries; he basically stated that every car that shows up is welcome; the more, the better.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived