How many?

texana55

I wanted to start a new thread that we can keep updated and leave the other thread dedicated to important news on the purse for the Street Stocks on July 2nd.

Anyway, having the ASCS Winged Sprint Cars at Texana on July 2nd is a big deal for the track!!! With Modifieds and Limited Modifieds already scheduled, track owner Bruce Tesch added the Street Stocks and pumped in $1,500 to the purse for that class with hopes of producing a nice size field, which in turn also should bring more fans in the grandstands. Back to the sprints; this will be the only planned trip for the series southwest of Houston this year to any track at present. As you can imagine, having the series is a healthy shelling out of cash for any track to the tune of over $10k for any track. The tracks do this so they can bring something unique to the fans.

We need to break the 2008 all time fan attendance record for Texana Raceway Park on this July 2nd event. We need all racers and anyone else to download the flyer, and pull fans to attend the July 2nd event... Your mission, should you choose to accept it if you are a racer is to make sure you recruit at least 5 new people to attend this event, who have never before experienced Texana Raceway Park. If they attend on July 2nd, they will be hooked.

Now, let's start a thread to see who is planning to compete for the huge purse in the Street Stocks. Here is who I think is committed so far (by the way, the first two can finish in that order if everyone is ok with that..3rd on back, I'm flexible)... ;). I know there are many more, so jump on here and add your name or correct me if I am wrong on attendance:

Lauren Chamberlain #55

Monty Chamberlain#2h

Josh Blanchard #2x

Jamie Reha #16

Chris Shafer #77

Brian King #31

Tony Blankenship #35

Adam Perks or Johnny Thomas #1

Randy "Bubba" Seals #19

Stephan Danielsen #149

Dancer or Dancer's ???

I would assume the #26 & #58, Fox #21x, #22, Porkchop #76,,,,

How about Garrett Hayes, Mike Mosely, John Leita... Would sure like to see David Brune come over also, as well as a host of other Shady Oaks regulars to compete for the 2 night bonus, if someone can tell us about that. Tell us about more cars planning to run this, everyone.

We are gonna try to be there.. And hopefully yall can fill me in because ive never ran in edna and i dont have a raceiver...Thanks Matt Farris #89f

Matt,

Good to hear. You'll run good over there. The raceceivers are really nice. They make line-ups super quick and help a lot when there is an accident on the track with an advanced warning. You'll like them. Edna does not use a P.A system in the pits and the show generally moves quick from heat to heat especially. You're on your own to know when your heat is coming up, so you really have to be on your toes or someone helping you to know when you're going out. If you have a set of ear buds for an ipod, maybe bring those in case you don't like the ear buds with the unit they loan you. It is a good idea to place a piece of tape over your ear with the ear buds in so they don't work loose during a race. Not sure what final drive you run over at SOS, but the stock car guys run the same gear at both places. 6.88 is idea at Edna, but I've run a 6.56 and done good with that myself. If your car gets out of the hole good, you'll do real well at Texana. I would expect tacky with the Sprints there at least real tacky in the heats. Drivers meeting should be at 6, and they plan to start by 7 if all goes well, so plan to leave work early that day.. Feel free to call me if you want some information or if I can help you at all. 979/332-2325.

-Monty

Archived