Monroe Motor Speedway Closed

Just received this e-mail from Monroe Motor Speedway, I sure hope they can find a buyer, so sad :(<_<

Monroe, LA (June 9, 2010) Due to the meeting this morning at the Bankrupcy Court in Monroe, Monroe Motor Speedway has been officially closed for now. No further racing will take place until further notice.

Monroe Motor Speedway is now in Chapter 7 and bids for purchasing the race track will be forthcoming. More information on when the bidding will take place, date and time, will be announced as soon as possible.

"It is with deep regret that I must announce this," said Track Manager Rusty Marcus. "But I have not given up hope on someone purchasing Monroe Motor Speedway in the near future and making it the showplace of the South which it is."

"Please do not give up hope yet, it still can be purchased and racing will once again take place at Monroe, the showplace of the South."

Keep us posted on bidding details. Who knows, someone on here may want a track.

Usually the lien holder winds up with these types of properties, because too much has been invested to begin with to be able to make a profit. But we can hope. :mellow:

Another great track gone - unless someone with lots of money and a huge love of the sport steps up. No one stepped up at San Antonio and I really don't expect anyone will at Monroe. But we can all hope.

Nick

I happened to call Monroe yesterday because I was planning to go there this weekend. I was informed of this latest news that had taken place within the hr.They said that the chapter 11 they were under had been changed to a chapter 7. The person I spoke with said that they thought this closing would be for a short time and that racing would resume in the near furture. The person said that there were buyers already in negotiations. I was also told that this would be a good thing for the track overall because right now there are 26 partners in the track and the sell would get it down to 1. Thats right I said 26 partners it wasn't a typo. I was told to call back in about a week or so and they would give an update. It is a very nice facility with a great potential in the right hands.

Archived