May 8th THR SS race

TTR73

Well, we had 21 cars take the field and it was a pretty darn good race.

Jim Teague took the win followed closely by Bobby LaFont, Don Banker, Cary Stapp and Doug Ayers.

Full results are listed in the Press release and Results section.

It was a great race! I think everyone in the stands stood up when Bobby Lafont got along side Teague coming out of turn 2 on the final lap. I know my adrenaline was pumping after they threw the checkered flag!

I really dont know what yall call a good race but that was not it that was one of the worst races of the night. Every other lap there was a caution.

Randy, you're right about the number of cautions, but that won't change as long as the same cars keep starting up front in these races.

When I saw the lineup before the SS feature, I knew things weren't going to be pretty. By luck of the draw, I thought the entire inside line was obviously going to move fast, and the first half or so of the outside line was not. Behind those cars on the outside were a few fast cars that were going to be held up by them. Sure enough, it took less than two laps for the slow cars in the front/outside to be in a big mess of cars. It was pure coincidence that the lineup ended up that way, but it made for a rough time if you had to start at the back of the pack on the outside row.

If a few of these cars would consider starting scratch until they can at least run in the mid 17s, things might be better. Until then, there will be cautions to content with. But in a perfect world....

cs

Every other lap a caution, I think not.

Going back and looking at my score sheets I count 7.

We had a couple that where close together at the beginning and then at the end.

The first being on lap 3.

Then lap 5.

Then we did not have a caution again until lap 11.

Then we had 2 right in a row on 14 and 15.

Then on 21 and 23 we had cautions.

This looks like it is about a typical Street Stock race.

But, you can bet I am gonna go back and look at my sheet from the other 2 races we have had this year to be sure.

How many times has it been said that you can't win the race on the first lap.

I still think it was a pretty good race. :)

Archived