Who Am I?

texana55

I picked up this idea from another forum. I may not be promoting this year but, I'm gonna wake you up out there!!!!! It's time folks. Let's crank it up right for the next 3 months!!! Texana is the longest continuous running track across the entire Texas Gulf Coast not missing a single season, since 1988, if I'm not mistaken. That is really something impressive this day and time. A lot of history at this 5/16 mile dirt jewel.

So, the first of several trivia questions from now to the end of the 2010 season concerning Texana....

Who Am I?

In this decade (meaning since 2000), and within the same season, I was first to the checkered flag 28 times in the same season in the same class at Texana. Who am I?

First person with the correct answer wins a drink of your choice on me at the next Texana race...

-Monty

IS IT THE #77 CHRIS SHAFER?

Excellent guess texana63. That Shafer is an awesome shoe, and has proven himself well since coming back on the scene making his first few appearances in the 2007 season. However, that's not the answer for this particular trivia question. Hmmm, who could it be? Drink of choice on me to the first correct answer.

Hmmmmm..........I say someone much more impressive, maybe the #55 of Monty C. himself!!!

Dang, I like your style. But, nope. Not the right answer for this one. Not even the slow walking, fast talking, good-looking, sophisticated, international Louise Playboy (the Bob Wills type, not the Hugh Heffner type), impressive #55 of Monty C. could quite equal this impressive feat. But, since i like your answer so much, you still get a drink of your choice on me this weekend Mr. Proud Papa... Look me up Saturday... ;)

Okay, its tomorrow, and my next educated guess is...........Plum Crazy Racing - Mrs. Janet Perks!!!

We have a winner!!! Many remember Janet "Plum Crazy Racing" Perks for her racing over the last couple of years. However, in 2001 Janet was the first to the checkered flag an incredible 28 times. This included 7 feature wins and a mess of heat and pursuit wins. In those days, the track had heats, pursuits and features, thus a driver might have the opportunity to race 3 times in a night. Congrats Mills...

Stay tuned for the next question..... And if you have some outstanding history on Texana you want to throw in this game, send it to me in a PM.

Archived