If I am correct Mickey Helms,Pork chop, and Ruben went down there, Mickey got 12th, and Ruben 15th in the limiteds, and PorkChop got 4th in his class, Good Job Choppers! Mickey and Ruben are running again tonight also

If I am correct Mickey Helms,Pork chop, and Ruben went down there, Mickey got 12th, and Ruben 15th in the limiteds, and PorkChop got 4th in his class, Good Job Choppers! Mickey and Ruben are running again tonight also

any word on last night at sts?

My dad, Joe Dee, John, and Albrecht made it down to STS. Said it was a lot of fun....23 racers on a little smaller track. I dont think John or Albrecht finished, but my dad got 8th for $40 and Joe Dee 13th for $40 so the made their money back. Only thing over there is that on a caution, its up to the drivers to work out positions, so what happens is people just pass on cautions, no one holds positions. The track said you have to fight for your spot (during the caution too haha). Sounds like a good way to flare the tempers. Winner took $200. They said the trucks were welcome anytime.

Howdy

As a driver from STS let me say thanks for coming down we enjoyed the comapny. It is not a free for all under cautions. The lead lap cars try to stay close to each other. With drivers from 12 to 79(Yes we have one that old) in our class we get alot of lapped cars. You can understand that the lead lapped cars dont want 4 or 5 lapped cars between us when we go green. I hope that all SOS drivers had a good time. I wish SOS had a bomber class alot of us would love to drive up there.

John Henderson

Bomber #11

Howdy

As a driver from STS let me say thanks for coming down we enjoyed the comapny. It is not a free for all under cautions. The lead lap cars try to stay close to each other. With drivers from 12 to 79(Yes we have one that old) in our class we get alot of lapped cars. You can understand that the lead lapped cars dont want 4 or 5 lapped cars between us when we go green. I hope that all SOS drivers had a good time. I wish SOS had a bomber class alot of us would love to drive up there.

John Henderson

Bomber #11

maybe you could run with the farm trucks or talk to jim about getting a class started. i know he tried to get one going but there just wasn't a lot of intrest it seemed like

Howdy

John Henderson

Bomber #11

maybe you could run with the farm trucks or talk to jim about getting a class started. i know he tried to get one going but there just wasn't a lot of intrest it seemed like

boy that would be great true bomber class at sos i would like to see a bomber class at sos maybe drop late model and add bombers it was awesome watching this class at sts this weekend it would be great to watch them race at sos

My dad, Joe Dee, John, and Albrecht made it down to STS. Said it was a lot of fun....23 racers on a little smaller track. I dont think John or Albrecht finished, but my dad got 8th for $40 and Joe Dee 13th for $40 so the made their money back. Only thing over there is that on a caution, its up to the drivers to work out positions, so what happens is people just pass on cautions, no one holds positions. The track said you have to fight for your spot (during the caution too haha). Sounds like a good way to flare the tempers. Winner took $200. They said the trucks were welcome anytime.

cool deal. i guess those"TRUE BOMBERS" are a little faster than expected huh? lol

yeah, it just seemed a little unorganized on the lineups....

during one caution, 3 cars just passed right on by to the front....past a car ahead of them, not lapped cars. the same thing happened with 2 cars the next caution. seems like the track should dictate positions.....with that many cars its nearly impossible to know where you actually are unless you are #1 with cautions, lap traffic, etc.

but it was definately a lot of fun....hopefully sos can find a place for you guys up here. the cars and trucks seem pretty evenly matched.

yeah, it just seemed a little unorganized on the lineups....

during one caution, 3 cars just passed right on by to the front....past a car ahead of them, not lapped cars. the same thing happened with 2 cars the next caution. seems like the track should dictate positions.....with that many cars its nearly impossible to know where you actually are unless you are #1 with cautions, lap traffic, etc.

but it was definately a lot of fun....hopefully sos can find a place for you guys up here. the cars and trucks seem pretty evenly matched.

just thank the SOS guys for doing such a good job next time

like jrip said, Jim originally planed to have a "true bomber" class when he first moved down here but it didn't take off like the farm truck class did so it was dropped. The 76 car(not pork chops) has ran with the farm trucks when the car was more like a true bomber. So im pretty sure if yall showed up he would let yall race! That would be a show right there, especially if yall had the car count that the street stocks have been having lately. Imagine 20 something cars and trucks on the track at the same time and all of them being equally competitive. I think the fans would enjoy that show

First, on behalf of STS Management, we thank you for coming to STS. We appreciate your support and enjoy having you visit and race at our track.

That being said, you do not have to "fight for your spot (during the caution too ha ha). The scoring staff relines the cars during a caution according to the last completed lap. As Scoring Director, I can assure you that you do not have to "fight for your spot". Owen and I take time during the cautions to reline all drivers to their correct positioon. Owen is on the track directing the cars as to where they are suppose to go in the line up.

If you have any questions, comments, or complaints, please feel free to call me (Marcia Brownlee) 361-549-8046. Again, we thank you for coming to STS and look forward to having your there again. We appreciate any feed back that you can give us, so that we may make the track better.

Archived