THR practice on the 29th

ups88john

Kathy..

How many cars from each class (THR, TSRS, ROMCO) were among the 37 that practiced, can you give a ballpark figure?

Thanks, Chuck

There were no Romco cars. They have a seven day no practice rule.

It was just a mixture of cars.

Legacy's 3 cars

Trucks 2 or 3

Modifieds about 5

I think I remember a legend coming through the gate.

Pro Sedans 2 and one was there working on his car. Not sure if he ever practiced.

Most of them where THR cars.

Doug Hooks had his ASA car there because Houston Speedway was doing some more work on the track and he couldn't go there on Saturday.

One of the old "Super Street" cars from San Antonio was there (Chevy #45, if I remember right) practicing and seeing what he might have to do to run the car at THR.

Ed Gilfous was there with a new (to him) modified, with Ford power, natch.

It was a pretty interesting mix, and a fairly surprising turnout, given that so many were probably up watching the big boys at TMS.

What was surprising, with the next TSRS race at TMS this weekend, that so few late models were out, though one that was was Leland Waddell.

Hell we havent even took the car off the trailer since putting it in hibernation 6 months ago, havent had time!, needless to say its gonna be hell the next 2 weeks but we'll be ready :D

According to the THR web site....none of the THR classes are running on Saturday night. Is that true?

Also, does anyone know who the new announcer at THR is?

Chuck L.

Archived