Two questions

I have two questions and would like anyone to answer with a one word response to each answer !

1. Are you racing for the love of racing?

2. If no tracks had a payout would u still race?

:)

1. Yes

2. Yes

I have two questions and would like anyone to answer with a one word response to each answer !

1. Are you racing for the love of racing?

2. If no tracks had a payout would u still race?

:)

Excellent and fun thread.

1. Yes we do!

2. Yes. And, we've chosen several times to give all or some of our money back to tracks (not just one particular track) we want to help out for our own personal choices. Of course, we're prolly kinda weird that way... The incentive of a purse is nice though.

Yes and have been for 28 years!

Just for argument purposes most drivers will have an investment of $10,000 give or take. Even if you win a few dollars you win never pay for just the initial investment w a season's winning ever unless you your knocking down several $1000 and $2500 to win shows but if your doing that your investment is well over $10,000 so every racer is already doing it for free. Purse money in most cases will cover the gas money to and from the track and maybe a Whataburger or two!

#1 hell yeah, its for fun.

#2 our class has no purse anyway and it is not about the money, its a hobby which usually cost u money not make it

kyle

...my kinda racer.!

#1 just for fun

#2 on the odd chance that we actually get the car finished this year, we won't be racing for points anyway and as far as the purse goes, it's a fun hobby so purse... no purse... money for gas would be nice but either way i'll still be out there

yes we race for fun and a lot of it, yes we would race for no money, it,s a lot cheaper than my lod habbits, and my wife likes it better too.

my kind of racers butt still got one that wants something a whataburger or 2 man ure demanding i would throw one your way but your not good enough for 2 we may need to nick name this guy beefy r something any way i enjoy watching all of you and stirring the pot on occasion even if i dont have a dog in the race if you start racing for hamburger instead of hotdog i may build a car again...

So, if no tracks had a payout...would we have to pay entry? Or pit passes? Cause if we didnt...heck I would be coming out WAY ahead of current payouts.

With no payouts...racing would be very different. I have heard several farm trucks say "they can have my hotdog" in reference to making their truck legal. It sounds weird...but I just get the feeling without pay...their would be no need for rules...then rough driving on the track would increase...I just dont think the sport would be the same.

Does this mean I think the farm trucks should be paid? No....I kinda relate them to wrestling...there fun to watch...but dont take them serious. Heck..some dont even try to hide their cheating...beadlocks....racing tires (before they were legal) .....but they put on a good show (most of the time) and there great for a change of pace. I just dont think this idea would be great for the entire sport.

Would I still do it? Until it became full blown WWF...probably...at least till I could find a new game to play.

just my thoughts...AJ

#1 hell yeah, its for fun.

#2 our class has no purse anyway and it is not about the money, its a hobby which usually cost u money not make it

kyle

I agree it is all for fun!!

And I think the farm trucks can be taken seriously we aren't all cheating!!!! :angry:

So, if no tracks had a payout...would we have to pay entry? Or pit passes? Cause if we didnt...heck I would be coming out WAY ahead of current payouts.

With no payouts...racing would be very different. I have heard several farm trucks say "they can have my hotdog" in reference to making their truck legal. It sounds weird...but I just get the feeling without pay...their would be no need for rules...then rough driving on the track would increase...I just dont think the sport would be the same.

Does this mean I think the farm trucks should be paid? No....I kinda relate them to wrestling...there fun to watch...but dont take them serious. Heck..some dont even try to hide their cheating...beadlocks....racing tires (before they were legal) .....but they put on a good show (most of the time) and there great for a change of pace. I just dont think this idea would be great for the entire sport.

Would I still do it? Until it became full blown WWF...probably...at least till I could find a new game to play.

just my thoughts...AJ

watch your words, you may have just upset an entire class of racers

Why? cause there cheating? or there serious? Look...that class was started for fun...there supposed to do it for fun...why would they make it serious? If they get mad...maybe they should stop and think why? There are other classes if they want to be "serious" I would hope they would want to just race for the fun of it...seriously....lol Heck I would run one...but, then someone would complain that I have to much experiance...AJ

Why? cause there cheating? or there serious? Look...that class was started for fun...there supposed to do it for fun...why would they make it serious? If they get mad...maybe they should stop and think why? There are other classes if they want to be "serious" I would hope they would want to just race for the fun of it...seriously....lol Heck I would run one...but, then someone would complain that I have to much experiance...AJ

who's instigating now...

take apoll here come on lets get feed back would anyone complain if aj drove a farm truck please answer i would like to see him race again and he just stated he would if no one would complain

lets get old aj in a stock truck small wheels ,stock suspension,stock motor,stock stock stock and see if he can do better than driving a big tire car??!!! texas auto parts has some i seen post on here from matt farris saying his dad has some see i already found you one aj(lets see him dance around this one dance baby dance)

lol...out of a big tire car...I HATE big tires....ask around...I tried every year to get the Supers on a g60 or asphalt pulloff.....for the record...any trucks need a driver call..lol I have ran them before..still have the pics to prove it. I dont need a big tire or trick suspension to get me around the track... heck..ask the I37 supers about when I took my street stock camaro out there.... would I take a farm truck serious...No...would I have fun...I hope so... If I get a few of my other cars sold...I will bring my street stock out there...on g60s...not those monster tires the streets run now...then you can see me on stock suspension and small tires...but..just for fun. (but I would like a shot at danielson)..I am supporting my kids racing this year...and so far..that is much harder than just driving myself...AJ (the dancer)

I just want to say that I am having a great time running my truck and that I know we are the class that started for fun, but does that mean we aren't out there racing like everyone else (just for NO MONEY)????!! My truck is built to the rules!! No cheating on my part!!! And just because we are out there for no money doesn't mean you can't take us seriously. We are racers just like the rest of ya'll, true amateur racers but racers none the less (Everyone has to start somewhere)!!! And I for one am tired of people talking trash about us!! And I don't care if you do have experience run with us. It will just make me work that much harder at getting better at running the track!!

THANKS. i think we the farm trucks should be treated the same as anyone else. we put the same amount of time but not the money in these pieces of "WORK". why is it everytime the track is rutted up or ruff we the trucks get blamed? how about those minis with those narrow street tires like saturday night i actually watched and saw those little tires cutting grooves in the track. but u know what i heard "THOSE DAMN FARM TRUCKS MADE IT AWFUL RUFF" anyway thats my 2 cents

kyle

just my thoughts...AJ

Aj you seem to like ticking off people with 'just your thoughts" this was suppose to be a one word answer thread. Not for you to get technical. It is obvious that the farm truck are racing for the love of racing. And I personally don't really care if they are cheating because they aren't getting paid but than again who likes a cheater?

Do you have a drivers license? I would imagine so.... do you get paid do drive say to the store? NO but you have rules while you are driving.

We live in a world where there are rules for everything.

My kids play little league baseball.... we have to pay for them to play, they have rules, they don't get paid and they play for the love of the game. Where would the world be if everything you do you have someone asking you well what do I get out of it?

I am in no way saying there shouldn't be a payout.... I just wanted to know who is really racing because they love to race. I am pretty sure no one is out there racing at SOS, STS or TRW for a living! I know it cost a lot of money to race. We spend on average at least $300 on race nights, to get to the races, fuel for the car, to get into the pits and to eat at the track! So every little bit helps when we pull out that night! But the track owners are there to run a business and they need to make a living too!

So there is "JUST MY THOUGHTS" :rolleyes:

LOL at AJ.

Anyone who's been around racing forums for more than five minutes knows that there's no such thing as a "one-word answer."

Seemingly innocent comments or questions like the one that started this thread are frequently "Fully Loaded" with a definite purpose or point being made and I was surprised that the thread went as long as it did before the "for fun" verses the "for pay" debate graced the forums once again.

For what it's worth, there is no "right" answer. Some race for money. Some race for fun. Most would race with or without the money, but the "for money" crowd hates to admit that in public out of fear that a promoter might read it and cut the purses... LOL

Nick

i love driving and its certainly just for fun, and really dont care about the pay....which makes sense being in a farm truck.

things i dont care for are cheaters and drivers that think they are God's gift to racing.

my truck is built per the rules and i oblige to every modification that is requested when i run it through tech. i also have have a ton of respect for the other drivers and try to keep it what its supposed to be...fun.

AJ, I think you said it earlier in another post. When you get on here people can't hear your tone or really know your attitude. I guess :rolleyes: you gotta :lol: use those ;) round faces :o to c.y.a. There that should cover it. Hope no one reads something into it.

Archived