1Quik6-CCspeedway Track Champion

Da Blur

After reading 1Quik6's message about anybody knowing Monty Nichols, I had to respond and say I don't know him personally, but I do remember him racing in the late 70,s when he was (I think) 17 yrs. old. He was indeed the 1979 CC Track Champion & raced and beat the likes of Slick Yoemans, Rick Rapp, Billy Hardcastle, and James?? don't know his last name but he drove a blue#1 camaro. Monty Nichols was a hellava driver for his age at that time. I even remember when he went to San Antonio and broke the track record up there. I was a big fan of Monty Nichols, and I really don't know what happened to him. Monty Nichols I believe the best to come out of Corpus Christi.

Guest NO35KRACING

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::blink::blink: HE WAS ok!! DADDY HAD LOTS OF MONEY. :huh::huh: WASHED UP I THINK IS WHAT I HEARD. BUT HE RAN LAST WEEKEND. HAD 2ND PLACE AND MOTOR :huh::huh:

As for Monty being washed up, he took a old car that is 300lbs over weight and qualified 2nd. Then gave Lawrence a good run, unlike everyone around this area, until the motor blew up. The Monty I know will fix the car, adjust on it some more, and probaly pick up 2 or 3 tenths. I also heard if everything go good with this car, Sonny and Monty are building a TAMS car for Monty to drive.

NO35KRACING- Seems you have a different opinion on who was or is the best driver to come from C.C.S. Whom do you think is the best driver from C.C.S.? Sounds like you & poorboy weren't old enough to be at C.C.S. in the late 70's early 80's to see him smoke the rest of the field, week after week!

Just wondering if 1quik6 has anymore pictures of Monty's cars. I know he also drove a red, blue, and white car at that time didn't he. I wonder if anybody ever videotaped his races back in the days, or do you know anybody who did. I sure would be interested in buying them. I would pay good money for them.

Archived