Casey Smith fined, loses points

tqj3

Check this out, guys.

From the ASA web site:

"During the post-race inspection for the ASA Racing Lanier 250 on Saturday evening, ASA officials discovered a ride height violation on No. 19 Smith Racing Dodge of Casey Smith.

"His vehicle failed to meet the minimum height standards, and as a result, Smith was fined 10 percent of his total earnings for the event and has been docked driver points. Car owner Glen Smith has also been penalized 25 owner points.

"Smith will retain his third place finish in the event which took place at Lanier National Speedway in Braselton, Ga."

The failure to meet the ride height came because of the damage to the right side of his car, when he was hit (apparently by Cope) and suffered shock damage, among other things.

If they don't take away points, Casey would be leading by five. Maybe ASA just doesn't want to have a guy who ran fifth in the first race and third in the second leading the points...

Ok.. I am confused.. maybe some rule book junkies could help me understand this.. If you pass Pre-race and suffer race damage, and fail on post-race inspection... you get docked points and fined???

So is that done for everyone.. like the one's in the garage? that get a finishing spot and points... but don't match the rule book? if there was damage... I feel this should be taken into consideration.. i am sure it will be ovious if there was equipment failure..

that suxs-he probably did have a problem the way him and cope were rubbing-i was wondering if they were going to blackflag him at the end with a couple to go when his fender ripped off and lodged under the right side door,but it came out and slid up high in the turn-i saw what i saw and he finished 3rd-guess the big $$$ didnt like a kid with no sponsor beatin up on em- :angry: hang in there smith racing-your 1st win is not to far away-like devin schites said on the tv show "The Drive"-I didnt come to the track to make friends,I brought mine with me.

as much as im not a huge fan thats just [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/6/04], that [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/6/04] was runnin him up the track the whole time and holdin him back

I guess it is a good thing they don't use templates!! I'm sure he would have lost points for not having a right front fender too! :P

Anyway, we all know who is on the official's and competitor's radar screens now. Can you imagine what Mr. Smith told those officials to lose 25 owners points. It would probably make even Tommy42 blush! :blink::o

asa site has points up-casey in 3rd-he would be leading but-asa must of just took some of his money and 25 points-looking at their rule it said 1st infraction was % of $$ and 25 point loss-

NOT LOOKING TO PISS ANYBODY OFF HERE, BUT HOW DOES A SHOCK AFFECT RIDE HEIGHT?JUST A QUESTION...

YOU STILL DID GOOD CASEY...

Broken shock, bent A-arm. Enough to drop it about an eighth of an inch. Guess how much too low he was?

Whether or not the rules are that way, it's still a raw call. What's next, if you get hit and roll at the finish line, you get called for the roof being too low?

I dont' know anything about it, but it could just be that ASA doesn't want an underfunded guy with a fifth place and third place leading the points, so he isn't...

Archived