Casey Smith

Kathy

Great run for Casey. He was really giving Cope hell. Wouldn't it have been cool if he could have passed Cope on the outside like Garvey did?

Casey also got a lot of coverage during this race. Great job.

cs

It shows Casey does have alot of talent. I liked his dads coment at the end about Cope being a dirty driver. Casey ran everyone clean but hard, it was a good run for him. Keep it going! I was also keeping an eye on Todd Kluever, as we are also friends. Good racing!!!!

It will be interesting to see the points standings. The guys ahead of Casey (he was fifth in points going into the Lanier race) finished well down, and the two guys who beat him tonight (Garvey and Cope) were well out of the top ten before the race. Casey could be first or second after this race.

Way to go Casey and great driving. You made a nice save when Cope ran you up high, he knew you were going to pass him on the outside and I guess he didn't like that. That put you in a tough spot going three wide into the turn. I guess you're a nice guy or else you would have gotten into him as he was slowing you down, but then again you're looking at the big picture.

Great race Casey-congrats on your podium finish last nite-with all the TV time you've gotten in the first 2 races-hopefully a big time sponsor will jump on board and help you chase the Championship & Rookie of the Year-Good Luck in Kentucky next weekend-

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

We spoke to Glen Smith today and he wanted to thank everyone for the encouraging words!

Outstanding job Casey! We Texans are so proud of you!!! Another Texan won last night in Alabama, my husbands son Bubba! :) At 3:00 AM this morning, those two guys were congratulating each other over the phone!

Good run by Casey. He was definitely faster than Cope. Did tech check the seals on Garvey's engine. I WANT HIS ENGINE. Anyone that can pass on the outside the way he did and then pull away without any problem, definitely didn't get a motor that was built on Monday!

Didn't Cope get caught a few years ago with tampered seals on his engine? I think he refused to let them confiscate the engine and basically left the series until Steve Dale bought it.

Archived