TSRS PRACTICE MAY 7TH

Guest texracer

Guest texracer

Just wondering if the Bakers could give some track time Friday, most people cant take off Thursday for practice and Friday for the race. Please take this into consideration and try to fit us in there for a couple of short practices on Friday. For people who cant come Thursday, showing up Friday for qualifying, and then racing,may not be such a good idea. Could someone please relay this to the Bakers. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way? If so post a comment, maybe we will get some practice time on Friday, thanks.

We have the same delimma. I spoke with Graham about it a couple weeks ago and he said that there would be significant track time available for both llm and mods on Friday. You may want to give him a call at (281) 458-1972 for specifics. jp

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

I have emailed HMSP, I feel certain Graham & the bunch will get it to us as soon as they have it all worked out, as everyone knows, they are great and very fair! Going to be some great racing, I know everyone is hungry to race! If you need hotel information, visit our website www.manracingpromotions! NASCAR is coming to Houston for the first time in 35 years! Great job Baker family & Steve Turner!

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Talked to Sara @ HMSP this morning and she said we should have a full schedule out by this evening, until then, here is a tentative schedule:

This Thursday, May 6 - "Testing & Tuning" for TSRS Late Models, Allison Legacys, Legends & Bandoleros. Noon until 10:00 PM, 100.00 per car & TSRS crews can stay with their rigs, Thursday & Friday!

Friday, May 7 - NASCAR Practice, Races for Modifieds with $2,500 to Win-75 Lap Race, TSRS Late Models $2,500 to Win-100 laps, $1,000.00 for 2nd! - Allison Legacys, Legends cars and Bandoleros. Spectator Gates open at 5:00 PM.

Saturday, May 8 - NASCAR AutoZone - "The Leak Sealer 150" Late Model Points Race. Plus "HMS Late Model 100" $2,500 to Win. Spectator Gates open at 5:00 PM.

Houston Hotel info:

Holiday Inn Houston-Intercontinental Airport

15222 John F. Kennedy Boulevard Houston TX 77032

281.310.0018 - Denise Griffin, denise.griffin@ichotelsgroup.com

or Holiday Inn Houston North

Helen Bonsall @ helenbonsall@1859historichotels.com

IH 45 North & Richie @ 281.821.2570

or Sara Hamilton @ Hotel Resolutions, she can handle it all for you!

Her email address is: sarahamilton@ahotelresolution.com. Telephone number: 713-560-2426.

As promised, here is the NASCAR website:http://www.nascartouring.com/kodaksoutheastseries/default.asp

Notice their top 10 includes one of our very own Texans-Chris Davidson! :)

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
Nascar practice friday? Where did that information come from. I already took off of work and now I found our there is not a Nascar practice on Friday. Is anyone else practicing on Friday?
Not sure of your question, but yes there is practice on Friday to my understanding, I will know more this morning.

Is there confirmed practice time for TSRS on Friday, yet? If so, when? We're like texracer...Driver/Crew struggling to take off work Thursday, especially at such short notice. We didn't find out until this post started Staturday, that the only scheduled practice we have is Thursday, and we have to pay $100 to practice. Is there anyone else in this same situation?

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

OK, just spoke to Graham with HMSP, they just got confirmation that NASCAR cars cannot go on the track until 9:00 AM on Saturday. So, TSRS, Modifieds & other support cars will have plenty of time on FRIDAY for "Testing & Tuning"! :) Just received this from HMSP: ATTENTION RACERS...

THURSDAY, May 6th -

Test N' Tune / Noon Until' 10:00 pm $100.00 Per Car

FRIDAY, May 7th - Featuring: Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS), Super Modifieds, Allison Legacys, Legends, and Bandoleros. (HMS Late Models will QUALIFY on Friday, and RACE on Saturday.)

FRIDAY - May 7th

10:00 am Pit Gates Open

11:00 am -1:00 pm Restricted Practice

1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Organized Practice Sessions

4:15 pm Drivers Meeting

5:00 pm Time Trials

Racing Action! (detailed times to follow)

SATURDAY - May 8th

8:00 am Pit Gates Open

3:45-5:30 pm Houston Freightliner Late Models Practice Session

6:00 pm NASCAR Qualifying

7:00 pm Houston Freightliner 100 (HMS Late Models)

8:00 pm NASCAR "Fans on Track" for Autograph Session

8:30 pm NASCAR Pre Race, Driver Introductions

8:45 pm NASCAR Feature "The Leak Sealer 150"

*Schedule is subject to change.*

NASCAR tickets are available now, please call the number below to reserve your tickets in WILL CALL for May 7th - May 8th.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call - see you this weekend!

Sarah Baker

Houston Motorsports Park

11620 N. Lake Houston Parkway

Houston, TX 77044

(281) 458-1972

www.houstonmotorsportspark.com

Guest NO35KRACING

Hey [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/5/04]

Thanks for all the info! Look forward to meeting you Friday at Houston Motorsports Park.

I also have a book for you to autograph.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
Hey [edited out by Nick Holt, 5/5/04]
Nick, I bet I know what you edited! NO35KRACING, I will enjoy meeting you, I think, LOL. :rolleyes:

Archived