THR Update

ChuckLicata

Just got off the phone with Brian C...

He's headed down to Thunder Hill now..he said he'll provide an update (not particularly a "final word," but an update on conditions) at 10:30 this morning, about 2 hours from now...

Well hopefully the track didn't get to much rain.

The weather man in Austin on channel 36 is saying this will push through and we can look for a little sunshine the afternoon.

Tracie, if your looking at this, this morning don't let Brian call it to early. LOL

Cause it looks like once this is through here then that's it.

Come on Sunshine!

We wanna race. :D

National Weather Radar shows the San Marco/Austin area beginning a new round of showers with another one about 45 minutes behind it. Hopefully it will all stop in plenty of time to race. The only other bad part is that it's supposed to get down into the low 50's later this evening. Brrrrr..

Nick Holt

Channel 24 in Austin said all of this should be out of here within the next hour to hour and half.

Come on Sunshine.

And Nick what do you mean Brrrrr. It's always less than 50 degrees in that scoring booth where we sit each Saturday night. It's a dang meatlocker up there. LOL

But, hey in the summer time it's wonderful.

Everybody --- Bring your jacket.

Hey I just saw the radar on the weather channel. Looks like all the yellow and orange stuff is gone. It's all just green now. So hopefully nothing real heavy is falling at the track.

Come on Sunshine.

We wanna race.

Well hopefully the track didn't get to much rain.

The weather man in Austin on channel 36 is saying this will push through and we can look for a little sunshine the afternoon.

Tracie, if your looking at this, this morning don't let Brian call it to early. LOL

Cause it looks like once this is through here then that's it.

Come on Sunshine!

We wanna race. :D

I guess I could speak up since I live so close to the track. It started raining here about 5:45 this morning and has rained off and on since then. It's thundering as I type this. My back yard usually looks about the same as the infield when it rains, and it's standing in water right now.

If the rain stops and the pits aren't a total mess, maybe the new apron could keep the track a little cleaner than in years past. They could do like they have before and make you stay in the infield if you end up there. Looking out the window, it seems a little silly to hope to race at all today, but maybe the skies will clear. :(

Still dancing....

cs

Silly to hope, it's never silly to hope.

It's gonna stop rainning and the sun is going to come out and help dry up the infield.

Now how's that for hoping.

This should all be outta here in about an hour.

Come on Sunshine.

We wanna race.

Archived