Friday Night Racing at CCMS

Owen Pittman

Tomorrow night the dirt modifieds and dirt super stocks will take to the asphalt for the first time this year. We will also have a bomber race, plus powder puffs and mechanics races for all three regular classes. 5 dirt modifieds were out practicing last night and ran times around 15.00, should be a good show. There will be alot of smoking cars at this event, like the rear tires will be smoking as they come off the turn. :D The modifieds are $500 to win guaranteed. Should be exciting.

Also there is $1.00 can beer to get the crowd going.

Anyone have any thoughts about this idea, I am going to talk to the I-37 promoter about a small points series where the dirt modifieds run Friday on the dirt and Saturday on the Asphalt, win both nights there is bonus money, then keep the points totals for a 4 weekend series and crown an overall champion at the end. Think it will work? A modified ARCA.

You should have been the winner of that race. It's a shame they are letting ladies drive that drove full time in that same class for almost 2 years. Just because she hasn't driven this year doesn't make it right to run powder puff. You did a good job and I hope ya'll had fun because that's what counts!!

Greg Carlucci Jr.

It was a great night of racing. It was great to see all most all the racing go so smoothly. Except the sprint cars or what ever that little go kart type things where. Wow. That must have hurt when the 2 flipped over. I heard they where going 70 to 80 mph and they run up to 130 on the dirt. Hummm. Not for me. lol.

I was surprised to see Donna driving in the SS as a PP too. But I am sure she misses driving her car, I just hope she lets others get a chance to win as well.

Was it just me or do the dirt cars seem to be running much faster then most of the CC cars? It seemed like the top 4 or 5 in the SS and the Bomber class where dirt cars. I was happy to see that Steve Grants held in there and placed in the top 3. Wow. That was a close race.

Yes Flyin I agree it is unfair for former registered drivers to race the powder puff race as it has always been meant for the ladies that don't normally drive ..... In fact in years past / former managment it wasnt allowed.. maybe CCMS should revise their rules in this respect as it is unfair.

racin4fun,

The SS were let run with the dirt SS. Yes 91 did a good job. As for the dirt bombers, there was only one and it finished 4th. The top three were regulars that are always up front. Yes Bobby Jack runs good on dirt too, but he's there at CC every week. It's a shame that Owen can't get everyone together so that CC bombers and dirt purestocks can run together on Friday dirt night. Some of the drivers are for it, but then theres the whiners. Had a blast running asphalt, wouldn't mind coming back but not gonna change a dirt car setup. Keep up the good work Owen. Everyone had a blast and the races were ran the way they should be.

Darin #26

Racer26

Bobby is a good driver and has a fast car. There are a few new cars this season in the Bomber class, I think they use to run dirt. Those are the other dirt cars I was talking about. They are very fast. The 46 car and the 9 car.

As far as the dirt cars and the regular cars running together on Fri. that would not work for us at all. For one we work till dark during the week, we could not afford to run both nights, our family, friends and sponsors would not come on Fri. due to work either. We have been racing on Sat. nights for the last 3 seasons and it works out the best for us.

The rules for the powder puff are extremely difficult because how do you find out who has and who has not raced before. For example I believe the BMS chick has raced a dwarf car before, I may be wrong. I have no background on these ladies and what they have and have not done, how about ladies that have been running in powder puffs for years and years, are they classified as racers? Its a shame things are not perfect in this world! All we can do is try to make it fun for everyone.

The big boat #46 car is running so well not because it ran on dirt but because Joey Heinaman is driving it, Joey has raced in all forms of racing and is always fast, the 71 car that finished 3rd has never been on dirt and this is his first time driving on any type of track. The only legitimate dirt car that was racing in the bomber class was 26, he and I asked everyone if they had a problem with that.

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported the Friday Night races and look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday.

Here's an idea, and its really pretty simple. If you've EVER been a registered driver in a regular Saturday night class or higher (even if it was in the 1950's like some powder puff drivers), you can't run powder puff. Don't need to do any research, I would hope people would be honest enough to admit that they have raced before. It's worked pretty well in prior years. As for veteran powder puffers, not much you can do there, maybe they should take over their old man's car since most of them drive better! (Just wanted to press a few buttons!!!) I don't think driving a dwarf car would help you much when it comes to running a 3200# street stock. I could be wrong though. Never driven a dwarf car. You hear that Wes #64!!! JK

Greg Jr.

NO,  IT'S NOT WHEN HE FELL OVER THE HOOD.  ITS WHEN HE FLEW OVER THE HOOD BACK IN 94.  THATS HOW HE GOT THE NAME FLYING34.

Kyle, is it your life's ambition to mess with Greg because he always beats you on the track?? :P j/k! You two are never going to quit picking on each other are you?? By the way, I got you that special 6th place ribbon you were whining about. :lol: I'm not going to waste my money on that trophy you want so badly.. hehehehe :P

Jennifer

Hey gang,

Here's a noble thought for the powder puff's.

If your a female you can race with them!

Why must we make everything so difficult? Friday night was for fun.... Leave it alone.

Good job to everyone involved, racers and all!

Mel

Archived