Grayson county cars

Hi all I am new to this forum. I couldn't help but laugh when I read through the post and noticed a few "what they call Grayson cars". I grew up at that track so they are what I remember. I am in the process of scanning negatives and photos from mid 70's to mid 80's Grayson county and southern Okla cars. The quality is not the best but I have them so enjoy. If you have any please share them. If you know some of the drivers please name them. I was young during this time so I do not remember all of the drivers.

post-12014-1270572573.jpg

On the outside is #15 Paul Clark #62 Hodebeck(I may be wrong)

post-3-1270573651.jpg

#04 ????, #55 ????

post-12014-1270572938.jpg

#45 Ralph Thomas, #12 ??, #04 Frank Hathcock, #58 Gary Honeywell

post-12014-1270573110.jpg

#42 Don Hix owned car, not sure if Gary W. or Tommy Hix is driving, #15 Paul Clark, #17 ????

I have many more to come!

Some of those were what was called hot stock back then, I remember seeing the 04, and I am glad you knew the 58 driver, I remembered to car but not the driver. I think I saw the 17 car at Buffalo Park a few times. Those were some good races back then.

BJ must have been one of the kids running around back then, we are both showing our ages here unfortunately you are the younger one. They had some good drivers from up there, I went by Grayson county that day, but never have went to a race there.

The limited modifeds that came out of the hot stock back then were like the modifieds from the seventies, theywere on a stock frame with about the same setback as the modifieds, but smaller tires in the rear and smaller engines with usually a steel Pinto, Vega or gremlin body on them and no quick changes either, then they became the modifed type cars with limited engines before fading out.

I was at Grayson helping the Hathcocks when these pics were taken. Thanks for posting them and keep them coming if you have more. The #51 modified is Ron Saye if I remember correctly. Randal Robinson drove the #55 or #57 hotstock.

Archived