looking for old pics

racefan361

:ph34r: Hello Ladies and Gentleman i am new to this forum but have been a motorsports fan ever since my dad took me to the 1987 nissan grand prix in SA i grew up about 30 mins south of town and i was 8 years old. I went to alamo dragway and SAS as a teenager now i live in Corpus and take my kids to both tracks here. I am trying to start a collection of old texas motorsports if anybody could point me to old pics or memorabilia i would thank you and also wondering if any body would have a problem with me printing some of the pictures you all post thank you again, also it could be any type of motorsports or time period or location dose not matter but would really would like the San Antonio area.

I have posted several pics on here and I have no problem with you using them. Several others have also posted pics. Im sure they wouldnt mind either. We want to share as much of our racing history as we can. Please post any that you might have so we can enjoy them. Any pics you find on here has the "Poster" (name) of who put them up. Just PM them and they will say yes or no. Welcome to LSS.

Photos are the personal property of the photographer. Most photographers do not mind their work being copied and shared and enjoyed by others. In fact, most, like PAPA, would like to see their work enjoyed by others.

However, if a picture is used for profit (such as for advertising purposes) without the permission of the photographer, that is another matter. Copyright laws require that permission must be obtained to use someone else's work in this case.

So, if you plan to use the pics in the forums for you personal use and enjoyment, have at it!

Nick

No the pics would not be for any kind of gain. My plan is to print them out frame them and put them in my garage and T.V. room(were my wife lets me put them up) just looking to collect old motorsports stuff I am a history buff and love motorsports so its a good fit. and thank you for your help.

Archived