Battleground Speedway

Well, it was a shame that BG rained out last night since we spent all last week re-surfacing the whole track. We rented several pieces of equipment and tilled the track around 10" deep mixing all the dirt. We also had a vibratory sheepfoot to put the track back together with. Since I've owned BG, the track has never looked so good. The surface is as close to perfect as humanly possible.

I want to invite everyone to come out to Battleground each and every weekend. I'd really hope to see everyone out this Friday night for the World of Outlaws Late Model event. Try to participate if you can, but if not don't let that be a reason to miss this race. I will be raising the start money for every class by $15 to cover your extra pit pass money to get in. This show is guarenteed to be better than last year with a bigger roster of cars coming. I want to thank Glen Johnson with GTRP and Randy Waller with 105 for closing down for the night so everyone can come and enjoy this great event. BG will be racing both Friday and Saturday night this weekend. Each night will be 2 independent shows. Come on out and pick out your favorite to win and watch them do battle.

Thanks,

Mike Walling

Archived