Monty Nichols

1QUIK6

Just how good was Monty Nichols? The last I saw him was when he won the 1991 championship at C.C.Speedway. From talking with others, he was dynamite. At a very early age he was battling it out against Slick Yoeman, Rick Rapp, Billy Hardcastle and others on Saturday nights. According to my recollection, he was always on the top of the finishing list. Also, if I remember correctly, he broke the San Antonio Speedway track qualifing record twice in one night. Why isn't his name mentioned with the greatest drivers of C.C. speedway?

champ1796- In the year 1991 during the last race of the season his engine in the #11 Miller racecar either was replaced or rebuilt before the feature race & he did win that race including the championship.- Others might remember in 1991 (during intermission) when a TIDA late model #88 was going to show the crowd just how fast these late model cars were. Well, after making his way onto the track #11 Monty Nichols also came onto the track and they proceeded to make a few passes cruisin then they both opened up and put on a show for the crowd. Looked like Monty was tapping TIDA #88 thru turns 1-4 in his super stock racecar. I can only imagine what Monty Nichols could've done in a TIDA or ROMCO series racecar. I was left wondering, why he never joined either organizations?

Archived