ARTS Double-Double Weekend

Double-Double Weekend -- Tidewater ARTS Shootout

To all AllStar Race Truck Teams.

Tidewater region wants to get this region on track. We think the way to do that is to have a 2 day 2 race with double points awarded for each race. We are currently looking at the Weekend of August 6 and 7, 2004. The shootout will be in 2 separate segments with a regular payout for each segment. The shootout will be at Southampton Motorspeedway (SMS) in Capron, Virginia on Friday night and Langley Speedway in Hampton, Virginia on Saturday night. There will be a bonus payout for the overall top 3 for the weekend. THERE WILL BE NO EXTRA POINTS AWARDED FOR THE TOP 3 OVERALL FINISHERS IN THE SHOOTOUT.

I am looking at doing a registration fee of $75.00 total for both events if the registration is paid prior to July 10, 2004. The nightly registration fee will remain at $50.00. The refund policy for the event registration fee will be if cancellation is made prior to July 31, 2004 then $50.00 of the fee will be returned, if cancellation is after August 1, 2004 there will be no refund.

Currently we are looking at the following for the overall:

20 or more teams: 13 to 19 teams: 12 teams min.:

1st $700.00 1st $500.00 1st $300.00

2nd $500.00 2nd $300.00 2nd $200.00

3rd $300 3rd $200.00 3rd $100.00

Trophies will be awarded to the overall top 3 finishers as well as the trophy from the racetrack.

Additionally we are working with Super 8 for discount rooms in Franklin, Virginia for the night of the SMS event. We are also working to get discounted rooms in the Newport News/Hampton area for the night of the Langley race. Once I star getting feedback then I can provide additional information and contact numbers

Currently neither track sells Sunoco, therefore, I will be working to find a fuel supplier so that fuel will be available at both tracks.

We are also working with other potential sponsors to provide additional items for your teams. Once we start getting feedback from the teams I can provide additional information about the additional stuff.

We would also encourage every team to bring their families with them. This area has many things to do and see. And with this being a 2-day event Saturday will be a long day, but once you are set up at Langley you can send the family off to explore.

Additionally, Langley has assured me that ARTS will race first on August 7, 2004 which means if you want you can pack up and go home. Also based on prior popular consensus the ARTS trucks will pit outside of Langleys pit area. This will allow families to be in the area without the need for a pit pass. It will also allow you to have your children in the area. However, we will still maintain that parents are responsible for their children and their safety.

While this is not a National event nor will it be billed as one, I would really like to see a strong showing of trucks to kick-start this region.

Send me your thoughts on this event.

Chuck Speigner -- c_speigner@yahoo.com

Tidewater Region AllStar Race Truck Series

Archived