From the promoter

Alright ladies and gentlemen our season opener is about to begin March 27th hope you are all ready! Shady Oaks Speedway is definately ready and excited! We hear of many new cars ready to run at SOS, we are thrlled that ours and all other tracks around us are running basically the same rules this years. THAT IS A FIRST FOR SOUTH TEXAS!!! Let your promoters know that you appreciate that, which allows you to run anywhere you choose and know your cars are legal.

We have a open practice that starts at 6:00pm on Sat. March 13th and will run until 11:00pm this would be your oppurtunity to check your cars via tech and track as well as get a jump on registering the car. All pit passes are $25 spectator side is free and allowed a cooler this night ONLY. Concessions will be open on the pit side but not on spectator side. Gakarts and moto-cross will have open practice from 1:00pm to 6:00pm on Sunday March 14th. Pit passes will $10 for all karts and crew/parents.

As some of you know I am back and announcing the races and look forward to seeing all of you. Shady Oaks Speedway would also like to announce the arrival of an extremely capable tech Kurt Decker.

Shady oaks Speedway is looking forward to see you all on the practice night as well as the season opener.

Jim Scribellito

Promoter :ph34r:

Jim,

Its been good to hear your voice on the PA system again at the track, its really hard for anyone to describe the racing activities like you do, with your intimate understanding of what actually goes on inside a race car from prospective of a winning drivers minds eye. I am sure the fans are glad to hear you back again as well. I will be seeing you at the track. I would also like to welcome Kurt Decker as the new tech man, I have had some very in depth conversations with him, and boys and girls I am hear to tell you, dot your I' and cross your T's because this gentleman knows all the tricks, and he is also rather LARGE!!...LOL

Victor

Archived