Major changes in TSRS race format

NickHolt

TSRS has made some major changes to their race procedures. From now on yellow flag laps will not be counted. All 75 laps will be run under green flag conditions (or a time limit, whichever comes first). Check out the announcement in the Press Release section.

This change should really be positive for the fans and competitors and should make scoring that much easier. It must be really difficult to keep scoring yellow flag laps while you're trying to get the re-alignment correct for a restart.

Good job Mary Ann and crew!

Nick Holt

Once again, I agree with Nick (wow, twice in one day! :D ) lol

But seriously...this is good news for the series. TSRS provides some great racing and now they're rewarding their fans..

Also..Mary Ann and I have made arrangements that the TSRS winner will be asked to call the show and do a live interview this Sunday..

By the way..who won the TSRS best-appearing crew award in Corpus?

Chuck,

It was the Poly Dyn Performance Coatings, Lonestar Car and Dog Wash, DC Eagle Paint and Body, and JK Engine sponsored #50 Monty Carlo of Houston's 38 year old Mike Yale (or Mike Hale as he has been known to be called ;) ).

I am sure that Mike's crew, Dave Szostek, Scott Keleher, Buddy Bukas, and Joe Nalbackski, not to mention his wife Karen, are thrilled with the award! They sure had that Dillon chasis looking sharp!

:lol:

I have never been able to use all the info I have on a driver before on the web. I just had to do!

:rolleyes:

Can't wait for the races on Saturday! Is it show time yet?

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Speaking of time limits. There is a track in Winston-Salem NC called Bowman Gray. It is a old race track that has a time limit I suspect was imposed by the city since it is close to the downtown area. No matter where they are in the nights show (if I remember correctly the cut-off time was 10:30 or 11:00 ) when thr buzzer went off the checkered flag would drop. I had seen several races decided within the first 5 laps. It was something to see 20 or so cars trying to win on the first lap.

A curfew is not that unusual, I remember San Jose Speedway (California) doing the same thing back in 1992.

It would not be a bad thing to think about for all the classes, if you have a specified time slot for the feature series (ROMCO, ARTS, ETC.) then to make sure they start on time you need to have a fixed time slot for the regular classes as well. I'll tell you this, they don't take much time to sort out a yellow when there is a time limit!

Archived