NASCAR LEARNING

thumper

Nascar is learning how to sell tickets from the best showman today,Vence McMahan.Its the show that sells tickets,not the race itself.Case in point,the Danica story topped everything this weekend so put her in next weeks show.The cup guys are too boaring so give them their tempers back along with the power to use them.And tonight Carl Edwards is hosting RAW,the longest running weekly episodic TV show in history.The hope is to draw from the huge audience WWE enjoys.Vence did this last year for Gibbs,using Logano and Bush as hosts.Also sponsoring their Nationwide cars.

If the biggest santioning body is learning,maybe its time for the local shows to follow suite.I know of one track that went from packed houses to ghost facility when they became a gentelmans club.Whats more exciting,hockey or ice golf????

I wonder if Carl will start the show with a huge burnout like Logano and Bush did? Then maybe a flip out if his foot is healed.And how bout a drop kick on Big Show,although he might catch him in mid air.

unfortunately, thumper, ur absolutely right: it's all about the pay-out these days. and, everything u said is the exact reason (tho i love nascar) that i will be at a local track watching our boys that do this for the love of it, before i will watch a nascar race...i'd rather support the TRUE drivers in this sport and that's our local guys that do this week after week and don't earn much, if anything, in the way of money. THAT'S true love and passion for ur sport!

it's sad that passion & love of a sport like ours has been replaced by $$$$....

:(

Carl did a great job promoting his sport last nite.He started with multiple doughnuts,drove his car into the areana,made a lot of noise.Then he plugged the Daytona race AND got free time for his sponser.To close he did his famous backflip from the top rope.

We all talk about showing our cars to prospective fans,this was about as good a promo as it gets.Show your car in front of a sellout croud in a city that just won the superbowl.

Roush should be proud.

You want to get fans back, start by letting these boys race and stop trying to make NA$CAR so damn politically correct. It is ridiculous to me that if you are watching a hockey game, everyone is waiting for a fight to break out and when it does they let 'em brawl for a bit and then a penalty box time out. But in football, they immediately pan the camera away from any altercations involving players. In baseball they let 'em swing, dog pile on each other and it's on. But let two drivers have an issue and NA$CAR want's to play it off like this doesn't happen in our sport. I am looking forward to some on & off track action from Keselowski & Hamlin. At least Brad is showing some "marbles". JMO Lenny66

Archived