street stock rules

This class is a stock class and supposed to be cheap to run. I have never heard of stock 72cc heads with 2.02 valves, or floater rear ends. It costs $800 dollars to reseat heads, or $1100 for a pair of aftermarket heads with 2.02 valves. If you want more power, you can angle mill a pair of heads for $200 and still have a stock head. If they want to spend the money, why dont they move up a class???

I had been out of racing for a while (15 years) , and yes when I got out I had a ss, they were cheap,entry level cars. When I got back into racing las year I was very suprised to see the ss take the place of the old hotstock, and the purestock/bomber/cruiser take the place of the old ss. The ss at HOT look like limitedlate models and sportmods, the ss at Killeen haul a$$ also, I don't think the ss is an entry level class anylonger :(

Run 993 stock gm heads with 1.94 and 1.50 valves. Thats all we did. We also ran a 7.5 inch rearend and never have lost an axle since we built the car 5 years ago. We didnt take full advantage of last years rules and we wont this year either! Even with not having all the "Goodies" it didnt slow us down or keep us from winning any races. Hell we even ran 21 inches of vacuum. Point is the rules havent changed much from last year that would make a huge difference!. They did clarify several loop holes which was good and needed.

Also keep in mind the head rule never changed from last year. That is the same rule that Edna has had in place for years that Goliad adopted as their own for last year and this year.

Only changes I can see that is optional.

1 - Cam 15 inches of vacuum, last year it was 18 inches. Personally I think alot of people were pushing this anyways but I dont see that being much of a difference if you were close to 18 already!

2 - Right Rear beadlock, doesnt make you faster and if people would have put more air in their tires last year you wouldnt have a need for it this year. We never lost a tire last year.

3 - Aftermarket upper control arms, doesnt make you faster but you can now purchase a part online instead of going to the junkyard looking for stock arms that hopefully have useable bushings in it.

Other then that the other changes and clarifications simply complete the rule book which was lacking in last years rule book but its nothing to make you faster only spend more money should you choose to do so.

This class is a stock class and supposed to be cheap to run. I have never heard of stock 72cc heads with 2.02 valves, or floater rear ends. It costs $800 dollars to reseat heads, or $1100 for a pair of aftermarket heads with 2.02 valves. If you want more power, you can angle mill a pair of heads for $200 and still have a stock head. If they want to spend the money, why dont they move up a class???

We have concerns about the costs of the class and racing in general however its never been a stock class. Nor even close to it. A stock class doesnt run Hoosier racing tires with a 10" tread width, 10 inch racing wheels, racing shocks, racing springs, 9 inch rear ends, solid lift camshaft, headers, quicksteer, rear disc brakes and the list goes on and on. With the exception of open chambered heads they are a full stock car type set of rules. I think they are a good consistant set of rules as long as they dont grow from here. Brian, Jim and the new tech guy I think took each rule and if it needed clarifying they did it. If it needed revising to help draw more cars they did that too. I dont agree with all the rules but I never have in any class but I do think overall they are good and should help produce good car counts.

as far as allowing larget valves in the heads...to me that saves money...cause its hard to find a set of heads that the seats are good in...so only way to use them is to make them bigger....and

just like Steph said...a floater is for safety....and just about everyone knows...but i guess it needs to be said again...but a 9" takes more hp to turn than a stock gm rearend....and I also agree about how this class has not been an entry level class in a LONG time...but... There is a sign on the parts truck at HOT speedway that sums it all up....It says "Racing is cheap, winning is expensive"

I think they need to have an entry level class for the kids moving up from mini stock and older people wanting to start out just my thoughts

This is the entry level class. My buddy is building his car right now and will have less than a $1000 in the whole car. And currently all the safety equipment accounts for about half the cost.

This is the entry level class. My buddy is building his car right now and will have less than a $1000 in the whole car. And currently all the safety equipment accounts for about half the cost.

Kudos to your friend building the new car ! however is he planning on just having fun or be in competition ? This can get into a safety issue putting a much slower car in the same race as say with Schafer, King, Bruns, Wright, Kline, Danielsen, these guys don't play and it can get down right dog eat dog ! JMO

Kudos to your friend building the new car ! however is he planning on just having fun or be in competition ? This can get into a safety issue putting a much slower car in the same race as say with Schafer, King, Bruns, Wright, Kline, Danielsen, these guys don't play and it can get down right dog eat dog ! JMO

the car will be competitive.

I think the farm truck class is the next level up from the mini stocks or for a beginner or a class that is much cheaper! I dont think you can have a mini stock, farm truck and true bomber class. The local area just isnt that big for all those classes and because those classes dont pay much you wont have any out of town travelers. Meaning you must have good car counts if the class is too survive. That is why the hot stock trucks are not scheduled. They couldnt give a consistant dependable count week in and week out. Plus another thing since when does a newbie driver supposed to be successful. I remember well getting lapped every race for my first two seasons until I learned the car and what I was doing right and wrong. I think it boils down to patience. If you can be patient and learn what you need to over time keeping your nose clean then you should be able to turn yourself into a driver at some point instead of dumbing down the rules to fight less competitive drivers. Over the years I have learned the good drivers win and run up front no matter what the rules in any class period!

hell it takes more than that to be competative in farm truck class from what i here heard

No you should go watch them before taking someones word. I will say thought they look like a barrel of nothing but fun. I predict by the end of this year they will be running full complete fields of them.

250 truck,150 seat,125 fuel cell,100 seat belts,300 roll cage,150 tires,50 window net pretty close to 1000.00

yea but your not even close to the $ that you actually spend... I easily spent double that. o and still have plenty of trucks for sale that would be perfect for the class also thinkin about sellin mine from last season the white ford #89

as far as allowing larget valves in the heads...to me that saves money...cause its hard to find a set of heads that the seats are good in...so only way to use them is to make them bigger....and

just like Steph said...a floater is for safety....and just about everyone knows...but i guess it needs to be said again...but a 9" takes more hp to turn than a stock gm rearend....and I also agree about how this class has not been an entry level class in a LONG time...but... There is a sign on the parts truck at HOT speedway that sums it all up....It says "Racing is cheap, winning is expensive"

These are SMART rules. I will have to spend $600 or more getting my smog heads done at the machine shop. Why not just buy a brand new set? There are companies out there right now that sell equivalent heads to World Sportsman II's or Dart Iron eagles. You can buy a great set of heads aftermarket for under $700 bucks. This same rule should be in all the bomber classes, Limiteds included.

thought I would post here too

it's none of my business because I don't show up very often. BUT, you two tracks got a good thing goin on down there (edna and goliad). don't let some rule changes screw that up. one side or the other needs to give a little or yall are gonna end up like houston. I know alot of houston guys that talk good about both places down there and we all wish we could come more often. it's like a little vacation when we can leave houston behind and visit your tracks. it works well for yall because you work together on rules and schedules and all that stuff. all these rule changes do is hurt car count and tie cars down to one track. it especially hurts when you want to pull cars for a big race also. people won't pay that extra fee thinking that they might get disqualified because they're running a floater and yours is a stock 9 inch. when someone thinks they got beat, for example " by a motor that only had to pull 15 instead of 18 inches of vaccum, they most likely aren't going to place themselves at that disadvantage again. I'm just an outsider looking in. hope this sheds a little light on you area. try to work it out is all i'm sayin or it will be your doom. this is meant for both tracks to understand, not just goliad. I've been racing in houston for 10 years and seen promoters throw one little rule change in keeping cars away and keeping cars from showing up (105 and willis) 20 miles apart. when guys show up to a track, they want to know that they have the best chance at a good finish racing within the rules they are allowed. it would be best for your racers and your track to stay as close as possible. sorry for the long speach, just hate to see a good thing go down the drain.

Randy Seals

Randy most of the rules were clarifications due to so many gray areas and last years rules being way too vag leaving several rules open to interpretation. However they did make a couple changes to help get in line with South Texas Speedway competitors. This was most definetely a positive thing for the class and the right direction. They justified it with a purse increase as well! SOS hasnt pulled too many wrong strings since the reopening of the track last year. You however need to schedule a few more visits and bring friends as this year will be even bigger and better then last... Look fwd to racing with you guys each and every time...

Archived