First Time There

Shady Oaks Speedway:

1) this was my first time to your track and I must say I was impressed. The track, pits, stands, everything screamed pride and was very neat/clean.

2) everyone I spoke to from the front gate, the security, concessions, the tech man, line up guy was very helpful, if they did not know what the answer was they got it for me.

3) with only 5 mods you still ran the show and paid the purse.

4) the two oclock start time and the show over at 6 meant I got home at 9:30, If you race late and I don't get home till 3 or 4 I don't make the pull.

5) Everyone stop under the flag stand to line up the cars, there is nothing I hate worse than the leaders come on the track and drag race down the front stretch, it takes three laps to line up and start, if the drivers can't line up right than the rack needs to take control and you did.

Now some questions:

1) I am assuming the wind, sun, and day time dried out the track much more than anyone expected, will the track be tackier (spelling?) next week or should I plan on the drydrydrydryslick?

2) Is there a point fund for the winter season? I know this has been asked but can't remember the answer.

3) IF less mods show up what will you do? I burn $150.00 in fuel to get there, don't want to make the trip if there is a chance we don't race.

Again, nice track, nice run show, keep it up.

I didnt race this week, but I thought the track seemed good. I think there was still more than 1 groove even though it went dryslick.

I know from my experience of watering the track at STS that a day time show when the sun is out is hard to keep real wet. So I hope it stays dryslick, maybe I will get my car done this week so I can come out and play.

You also have to keep in mind that Brian probably wasn't sure on how many cars were gonna be making the trip out there. It is very easy to over water that track. Over all it was a great day with great people. Jim was all smiles!

Oh, don't think I was complaining, the dry slick only helped my underpowered, no setuppped, no driven IMCA car finish with out getting lapped. If it was tacky I would have been lapped by those boys. Just wondering if I should change some bar angles and other stuff for next week. Still waiting on an answer about the points though.

sm44 i am not a track official but I will extend my hand and say we are glad to have you come race here at SOS. Its one of the nicest tracks I have ever seen, the owners do care what the fans and drivers think and will do everything within reason to improve the show. I simply love the place. Come see us again. On a side note, we know you are not complaining just looking for a few answers. I will say that the track on normal nightly shows tend to be on the heavy side, but that was the first time they ran a mid-day show with dry wind and sunshine and it slicked up. I like tacky it fun and fast, but hard on motors. I have put in my opinion that I would like to see a mix of track conditions for the season, and the cream should rise to the top, and it will give a different look each race. Welcome to SOS sm44. :rolleyes:

I have put in my opinion that I would like to see a mix of track conditions for the season, and the cream should rise to the top, and it will give a different look each race. Welcome to SOS sm44. :rolleyes:

I'd have to 2nd that... Keep 'em guessing and see who can win on varying track conditions. Motors to the front one night and throttle control to the front another night. And sometimes, we might see one in the same...

sm44 i am not a track official but I will extend my hand and say we are glad to have you come race here at SOS. Its one of the nicest tracks I have ever seen, the owners do care what the fans and drivers think and will do everything within reason to improve the show. I simply love the place. Come see us again. On a side note, we know you are not complaining just looking for a few answers. I will say that the track on normal nightly shows tend to be on the heavy side, but that was the first time they ran a mid-day show with dry wind and sunshine and it slicked up. I like tacky it fun and fast, but hard on motors. I have put in my opinion that I would like to see a mix of track conditions for the season, and the cream should rise to the top, and it will give a different look each race. Welcome to SOS sm44. :rolleyes:

Mixed track conditions you want? Well being that we like to hear from you guys, mixed track conditions you will get.........thank you guys for coming out and I hope to see all of you real soon!! :ph34r:

Archived