Brandon Bendele wins in CC started 5th

Jason

Yep you read right. Tonight, Brandon Bendele won the ROMCO 125 lapper at CC Motor Speedway. Top 4 to qualify were Wade Welch, G Davidson, Grimes, and Grothues. After invert it was 11, 22, 96, and 13. Coming to green Grimes spun tires and hit Grothues. Both continued but Greg Davidson jumped under both of them to take the lead. Wade Welch seemed to have a problem on the start too and dropped back. A few laps in Grothues hit the front straight wall and damaged his car. Not a lot of wrecked racecars tonight either! In lap traffic Brandon Bendele pinned Davidson on the inside and took the lead. Grimes tried to do the same thing but made it three wide going into turn 1. They made it without wrecking! The final order was 1. Brandon Bendele 2. Tommy Grimes 3. Tuffy Hudson 4. Bradley Reithmeyer (put on another driving clinic), and 5. Either Michael Crofford or John Heil. There was some sort of promotion with Tuffy Hudson's sponsor and it seemed as if a large number of the crowd had on yellow Tuffy tshirts. Seemed to be employees of the company that sponsors him. That was smart! Think how many people who have never been to a race before but may be going to more in the future! Great promotion. The stands were packed and cars had to park outside of the gates. Great night for local racing too. Loved how the track got the races going green and back to green in a very timely manner and did not run useless laps under caution. I left during bomber race because i had plans already to go do some fishing so I don't know how both of those features turned out. If I had to give a grade for Owen and the new CC Motor Speedway I would have to give it an A+. I saw fantastic CLEAN racing in the heats and sidebyside battles for the lead. Great racing all the way around. Probably some of the best I have ever seen out there. Great job guys!

Jason

P.S. Rick you alright? Didn't see your hit.

UPDATE: Oh yeah almost forgot. In victory lane Brandon told the crowd how he liked CCMS more than SAS! Guess racing in CC is turning for the better as 22 cars showed up! Sorry if it all doesn't make sense but man I am ready to go to bed.

Guest The_Greek

i too spoke to alot of drivers after the Romco race, and all of them told me the same Jason, CC Speedway is by far the best track on the circuit to do some racing. last nights race is one of the better Romco races ive seen in awhile, there was side by side racing all over the place, and yes Grimes made it 3 wide going into turn 1, and everyone made it out of there clean. the stands were packed bigtime, and with the show that they saw last night, i cant see any reason why future races wont be the same, the new sealer on the track really looks great and is holding up real well. bomber 88 won, in the mini stocks it was 14, and in the super stocks it was 13, lastly for those who have never been to a CC speedway race, i recommend you try and plan a visit here. also congrats to Brandon Bendele for winning last night, and winning his 1st race ever in CC

It was aight, I had fun comming through the pack, but the bumps in turn 4 are scary...

Romco race had 97 green flag laps

but the sealer was starting to come off in turns 1 and 2.. There were some fast times in practice of 13.3 (bendele) 13.4 (davidson) and then slowed down in qual to 13.5 (wade welch)

awesome race had fun, Good job to the track and Owen...

Hey Jason,

Thanks for asking...just sore. Wish the truck was just sore! Nothing like having someone hitting you head on at almost full throttle under caution! Has a tendency to #$%@ up your night! Medics said I was ok...just have a hard head!

Rick :lol:

It was aight, I had fun comming through the pack, but the bumps in turn 4 are scary...

Romco race had 97 green flag laps

but the sealer was starting to come off in turns 1 and 2.. There were some fast times in practice of 13.3 (bendele) 13.4 (davidson) and then slowed down in qual to 13.5 (wade welch)

awesome race had fun, Good job to the track and Owen...

Don't be skeered Bradley...Good Job on coming up through the pack. Started 11th, and finished 4th.

Archived