Karts at Shady Oaks

Karts will race Sat. 1/23 1/30 and 2/20

Be ready to run hotlaps and heats by 1PM!

Thanks to all the karts that showed up yesterday, we had karts from Corpus, Edinburg, McAllen as well as the locals!!!!

Thanks all of YOU!!!!!

After the days events and Jim returned back to the pits, he insisted that we give the "Winter Series" trophies. I have submitted the results and Brian said that he would add them to speednet.

With this we will also be racing Feb. 27 for the final of the "winter series". There are 3 races left, 1-30, 2-20, 2-27.

I also need to find a scorer, to come do the karts. I think it is to far from the tower, and the numbers are to small for the ones in the tower to keep up. As the kart #s go up it will be impossible for me to keep up with it all. If anyone could help in this position it would be appreciated.

Thank You, again.

THESE GO-KART DRIVERS THE FUTURE OF OUR SPORT GO OUT THERE AND WORK THERE BUTTS OFF I THINK ITS ONLY FAIR IF THEY ARE POSTED IN THE RESULTS AND RECGONIZED AS MUCH AS THE NEXT GUY.

JUST MY OPENION ... HOW DOES EVERYONE ELSE FEEL???? :ph34r:

YOUR FRIEND THE BOUNTYHUNTER CREW

Absolutely but I do know there is work involved for this to magically happen. Hopefully they can be recognized.

• 4 weeks later...

2 races down 2 to go, here are the standings.

Youth 5-7

17G Isiah Garcia 125

14 Stephen Migura 123

8G Logan Dinsmore 105

Jr-Sr 8+

33J Jacob Franke 230

22 Cameron Migura 201

777 Nathan Corpus 188

8 Chase Loudon 170

98 Cody Schach 113

1JR Hannah Wright 84

Winter Series 4 Race Chase continues this Saturday @ 1pm for Hotlaps and Heat Races, Features @ Intermission!

3 down, 1 to go.

5-7 Yr.

Stephen Migura 228

Gilbert Perez Jr. 125

Isiah Garcia 125

Logan Dinsmore 105

8 Over

Jacob Franke 301

Nathan Corpus 268

Cameron Migura 256

Chase Loudon 170

Hannah Wright 134

Grayson Meredith 113

Cody Schach 113

Caleb Hudgeons 105

Michael Villerreal 90

Derrick Gonzales 89

Jarrett Barber 80

Dennis Cox 77

Ciara Smith 70

Amelia Perez 45

Jennie Barber 40

Winter Series 4 Race Chase continues this Saturday @ 1pm for Hotlaps and Heat Races, Features @ Intermission!

4 Race Winter Chase Point Totals

5-7 Yr.

14 Stephen Migura 333

36 Gilbert Perez Jr 250

17gIsiah Garcia 125

8g Logan Dinsmore 105

8 over

33j Jacob Franke 406

777 Nathan Corpus 359

22 Cameron Migura 355

8 Chase Loudon 245

1jr Hannah Wright 189

6 Dennis Cox 180

10 Caleb Hudgeons 179

19 Jarrett Barber 155

12 Grayson Meredith 113

98 Cody Schach 113

36 Amelia Perez 105

19bJennie Barber 95

97 Michael Villerreal 90

7 Derrick Gonzales 89

5 Ciara Smith 80

Adult

50 Kevin Donegan

88 Wesley Varn

71x

29 Jamie Campbell

Thank you goes out to Jim, Laurie, Brian, my Dad(Shorty), my wife(Stephanie) and to all the parents that bring the kids out!

See ya'll March 27th !!!

• 1 month later...
THE RULES STATE NO ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS ITS IN SHADY OAKS WEBSITE UNDER KART RULES.

yes, thank you, i'm fully aware of that, but if it's just a safety issue and not a performance issue, than it is a rule that we need to look at closer.

THE RULES STATE NO ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS ITS IN SHADY OAKS WEBSITE UNDER KART RULES.

yes, thank you, i'm fully aware of that, but if it's just a safety issue and not a performance issue, than it is a rule that we need to look at closer.

THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A BOX STOCK CLASS, I DO NOT WANT TO PUT MY KIDS OR YOUR IN ANY DANGER BUT THE FACT IS AT SOS, STS, RGS, CC SPWAY, I-37, WE HAVE YET TO LOOSE A FLYWHEEL IN THE 3 YEARS WE HAVE BEEN RACING THE BLUE MOTOR CLASS.

JUST A IDEA START A OPEN CLASS RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG??????

ANYWAY WE RACERS APPRECIATE THE EFFORT THE TRACK TAKES TO KEEP THE FIELD EVEN.

http://karting.4cycle.com/showthread.php?t=310349 this is the thread that had raised concern with a few parents so it just seems like something to look into. i am not a parent, nor do i know anyone with a cart. i help kurt with the tech and just want to look at all options since there was a question about it.

very interesting maybe this should be looked at

They say pictures are worth a thousand words but not if taken out of context.

We are not the only club running Clone motors. Talk to some of the clubs that have been running clones for years and you will find that they don't have a problem with Stock Flywheels on Stock motors.

Burris National Series runs the OEM Flywheel on Stock Clones

American Kart Series runs the OEM Flywheel on Stock Clones

I personally talked a guy on the board of National Clone Associate Racing and he said the same thing. They have not had a problem with OEM flywheels on Stock motors.

Every other track that runs clones either specifies you have to run the OEM flywheel or their rules say Stock motor with a few exceptions but I couldn't find one that would let you change the flywheel.

It sounds to me like the only people that should be concerned about the OEM flywheel are people that aren't running stock motors.

So everyone should take a long look at the pictures posted above and consider the possible consequences when they consider "playing in the gray" and bending the rules.

Leave them stock and let the kids have fun!!!!!

Just my $.02,

Bill Cotton

p.s. If anyone wants links to the sites to confirm what I have posted, let me know I have them Bookmarked...

"p.s. If anyone wants links to the sites to confirm what I have posted, let me know I have them Bookmarked..."

yes, i do want a link. as i stated before, this is an issue that was brought to our attention and it may or may not be a safety issue. if not, fine. but if it is, it is one i think we should address. this is exactly the type of discution we need on this. we don't NEED PEOPLE GETTING ALL EXCITED AND SCREAMING ABOUT KEEPING THE CLASS STOCK AT ALL COST, we simply want to get all the information on this and try to make the best decision possible for you AND your kids.

Just want to add while in the process of removing the govener stud you have remove the flywheel to punch it out.

When removing it DO NOT HAMMER on the flywheel itself. Put the nut back on the crank and tap on the crank shaft nut to remove it.

In the process of reinstalling the flywheel, be sure you DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN the flywheel nut, which can crack the flywheel. It is a taper seat.

Be sure to check the ignition coil mounting bolts are tight, loctited, and aproximatly .030" clearance. I have come across ones that were not real tight. If the coil drops down into the flywheel, KaBOoooom!

The motor in the pictures was modified, had a Cam, valve springs, at least, regardless of what they claim it was turning when it let go, you do not know the history prior to the failure or assembly proceedure. I know from experience with a cam and spring change will rev like hell.... So for someone to say "I wasnt running it hard", we as racers should know better.

Here is a link to flywheel comparison: http://arcracing.blogspot.com/2008/03/flyw...comparison.html

Archived