Closer to ROMCO in driving?

Jason

Ok apearance wise the TSRS cars are very close to the ROMCO cars. TSRS and TAMS have same 108" wheel base so they are same there. The weight is what makes the biggest difference. TAMS is 2500lbs after race with no topoff fuel so they are actually a little heavier than 2500lbs and their max left side weight is 58%. TSRS is 3100lbs and their max left side weight is 55%. Both cars run the Hoosier F53 tire too. So as a driver what is closer to a ROMCO car. Do these two series have about the same horsepower too? The TAMS cars are also faster than the TSRS cars. ROMCO are somewhere between 2850-2900lbs and run on a 10" tire rather than the 8" of the other two. Their max left side weight for an offset is 57%. So what would driver closer? My guess is TAMS cause they are faster and lighter.

Jason

TAMS cars run .5 - .75 sec off the ROMCO pace with much less HP. (weight and tires are the big difference) I believe most TAMS cars are running about 400 - 450 HP where as ROMCO is 550 - 625 HP with 300 lbs more weight. If TAMS cars could run a 10" tire, they would be faster than ROMCO, but 600 HP and an 8" tire probably wouldn't get you there. We tried a 14:1, 4 barrel motor with 8" slicks one time just to see what it would do. About .2 - .3 sec improvement without hazing the tires all the way down the straight-a-way. Altus runs 10" tires on their Mods. We always wanted to go up there and try it out.

I think you're right, a TSRS car has got to be a slug compared to a Mod or SLM.

TODD MAC IN THE 54 CAR IS A REGISTERED TSRS CAR - AND HE RUNS JUST AS FAST IF NOT FASTER THAN MOST SLM'S

How about running 15" Hoosiers? This modified series runs them. http://www.southernmodified.com/

The cars would FLY!@ around the corners. Maybe allow the dirt cars to run a little skinnier tire with their options now too.

Would guys have to do a lot of cutting to make these tires fit? That would be badass seeing these cars in the turns.

Archived