THR Awards Banquet looking good - lots of folks here

NickHolt

Was talking with the Boyetts who will be campaigning a Pro Truck this season. Of course, I tried to hit him up for a sidebar ad...LOL... They bought the former Meridith truck (number 30 as I recall) which was a fast truck for sure.

The place looks great with hand made chair covers - Janette Huff made em and they look fabulous. In fact, the whole place looks very racy with a video show running and decorations on every table...

Bobby Chaffee and Rodney Rodriguez are the hosts and cracking jokes at a record pace.. LOL

Nick

Neil Upchurch gave a very emotional speech as he concludes his 50-year career in stock car racing. Well, almost concludes his career. He's staying involved in the Texas Pro Sedans as the Administrative Director...

Not many have had a bigger impact on Texas racing that Neil.

Nick

Duane,

Did you hear that you won the THR Hard Luck award? We missed you last night.

I think the special awards were really meaningful this year because driver votes were also used to determine the winners. I'll be posting the names and pictures in just a little bit.

Sorry I couldn't make the event last night. Sure would have been there if it were up to me. Unfortunetely my son Jeff broke his nose during a cheerleading routine yesterday and had to make a quick trip to Brownwood. I guess he threw the girl up in the air and when she came down her shoe came down across the bridge of his nose. He said it wasn't a pretty sight - lots of blood and became very hard for him to breath. He got rushed to the hospital. He's ok, just mad at himself for not being in the right postion to catch her. Thanks for the award (I think). Let's hope for a little better 'luck' this year! D. :lol::lol: