Limited Modifieds, what happened?

Elmo

What happened to running limiteds? After some thought about what to do this year, I was really getting motivated to investigate running asphalt for the first time at my all time favorite dirt track Big H. Really, don't you think Limiteds would benefit from having bodies just like NASCAR Wheelin modifieds? They could all run on 295 50 15's! Whats the scoop and why the abrupt end?

What happened to running limiteds? After some thought about what to do this year, I was really getting motivated to investigate running asphalt for the first time at my all time favorite dirt track Big H. Really, don't you think Limiteds would benefit from having bodies just like NASCAR Wheelin modifieds? They could all run on 295 50 15's! Whats the scoop and why the abrupt end?

Please take a look at the NASCAR Modified rules for adjustments to allow the Limiteds to run in that class. Here is the link to the rules:

http://www.houstonmotorsportspark.com/10RULES/10NCMRULES.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
Hey thanks for the offer HMP! Maybe I can outrun Denny with my homemade bomber.

Denny will be the first to tell you that it's setup that wins races, not money. Oh yeah. Money sure helps, but hard work and a perfect setup is what wins. I've seen plenty of homemade parts and cars win races. Rick Rapp used to win all the time with.. well, junk. But that junk was set up to the point that we used to argue over the placement of five pounds of lead! And debate 25 pound spring rate changes. And Ed Sczech won the Texas Race of Champions (and plenty of other races in Mexico and in Austin) in a car that still could best be described as "less than state of the art." But again, we worked very hard on the setup and never we satisfied even when we won.

Enough pep talk... LOL

Nick

Archived