sportmods

Abel64

Abel,I have a suggestion.After the end of March the sport mods in McAllen will be on twice a month.Some will race at STS but some will not.To develop intrest,some CC Speedway cars need to run down there a couple of times and get to know some of the local drivers.Then coax them into giving CC a try.I have done this with little cars at different time at different tracks and it works.You have to draw cars that are available.I think once they try it they will be surprised.The tire deal scares them the most so they must understand its not just a one time thing,they will get pleanty of use from a set.On some nites the dirt track in Corpus will wear out a tire faster than the asphalt.

I saw some CC guys at the nationals including Anthony and I think you at RGS but no body brought a car.This would have been a great oppourtunity to sell CC.Its not too late,RGS opens Jan 30.Like CC it does not tear up a car like some tracks do.I think its because of the dry slick smooth surface.

Just a thought.I dont even know if the RGS cars are the same as CC cars.

A fair question,here goes:

Redgestration,$25 good all year

Pit pass $25 per head

Car entry fee $27,two dollars of this is for the emergency crew

Transponder rental $25.CC guys already have theirs,they use the same AMB that CC uses.

As I figgure it,the cost is $7 more than STS.It is cearntly not a profit thing.

It can profit CC Speedway if cars can be brought in from there even occasionally.Then its up to the track to show the hospitality CC is known for.

Experience on the RGS track can be valueable for the big national race in November.I believe the top 4 or 5 finisdhers from this year were locals with that experience.That race pays $3000 I think.

Im not promoting RGS,I just know to get cars you have to work where they already exist.Not much chance to get from STS,they have made their sentiments known.And cars dont just magically appear.The Thunderhill mods are another possibility.I will be working on the RGS Thunder cars.The Thunderhill frontrunners are another source of CC cars considering they also do not run weekly.

I wish I could afford a sport mod.I would do like Keven says and try all the tracks,especially the big shows at the beginning and end of the year.I will always have fond memories of the modified nationals I was lucky enough to be a part of.

As far as last year, when I got to the gate at cc, registration $0, entry fee $0, transponder - 1st time out, free loner, pit pass $25, purse - paid full reguradless of car count and stuck to it for the entire year, last place paid $25. So, that means I went to race, had fun and ALL it could have cost me was the gas to get there and a beer or two, forseeing any accidents. And there were always free pulloffs for those that wanted to try it. So tell me, which sounds like the better deal. And the best part of all was after the races when all the fans and the children came to the pits to visit with all of us drivers. Very friendly and fun atmosphere. Thank You Dan and Candy, Keep up the good work.

CRASH 76

Actually GB that would be $17 more. I just remember when I was thinking about going there it was going to cost me about $100 because of the first time registration and transponder rental which would be fine if I was going to make more than one race. I just didn't want anyone to be surprised by any entry fees. Either way it's a great track with some great racers and everyone needs to make some races down there.

Archived