rule meeting in altus

The meeting will be held in the back room of Freindship Inn. The idea was to eat at 6 (so we didn't have to rent the back room) and start the meeting at 7:15. The rules for the 4 weekly divisions, Super Stock, Street Stock, Charger and Hornets will be handed out. The new owner, the 2010 technical inspector will be there.

For the record: The Altus Street Stocks will be similiar to the Thunderstox or even more like the Super Stock rules at Altus from around 2005. They will not be anything like the current rules posted on the Altus Speedway website. The 2010 Super Stocks have some cam, head, intake, left side weight, and carburetor changes. All Super Stock changes will make them faster. I am awaiting a meeting with Joe Madore and Daryl to get the "keys" to the website and also work some additional administrative things.

Jeff

Is the new tech guy Kevin Jones #12 or Panda Joe #66x?

Kevin Jones is taking a year off from weekly racing to install a "every night meaningful teching program" at the track. I believe there is talk of him training an assistant this year also.

Matt.. I'll keep you informed.... I'll be running the website eventually and will have an Altus Speedway Facebook page up very soon to help deciminate info.

FACEBOOK page is up and going complete with about 100 photos from the past couple years and more on the way from "the good old days". Just type in ALTUS SPEEDWAY in the FACEBOOK search site, and request to be added, get confirmed, and away you go! And yes there are some pics of David Wright, Josh, Cooper and Matt Ohm up lol!

you going to put you a car together for next year jeff?

hey Buddy! I would sure like to, this past year I drove Kevin Jones #3 Super Stock in a few races (and NO I wasn't the one driving it during the Spooker lol) and the "bug" bit me right in the caboose! I got a engine block and some heads, but I gotta get a car. I was looking at my old car that Andy Welch now has but we haven't "negotiated" a deal yet.... I keep looking but really the clock is ticking. I like to putter around on my car almost everyday, especially when it sure takes forever for me to get something done lol!

Moving to Hickory and racing last year was an experience and was fun, I just missed my freinds back here and had to move back.

Jeff

well thats good to hear that your thinking about building you another car. i sit in the stands at the spooker nationals and watched my car win again.........had my boys that weekend and couldnt run it but i plan on coming and running there some next year. me and hank are taking it to clinton next week and see if josh can hang on the dirt, im sure he will do great he is a pretty good wheel man. good to have you back.......c u soon

well thats good to hear that your thinking about building you another car. i sit in the stands at the spooker nationals and watched my car win again.........had my boys that weekend and couldnt run it but i plan on coming and running there some next year. me and hank are taking it to clinton next week and see if josh can hang on the dirt, im sure he will do great he is a pretty good wheel man. good to have you back.......c u soon

hey buddy , did your car like the dirt ok ? thats a big track !

hey buddy , did your car like the dirt ok ? thats a big track !

hey david the ?? is did your toy like the dirt in lawton? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
HEY JEFF

DID YOU FIND OUT WHAT I ASKED YOU ON MY CAR? ALSO ON THE SUPER STOCK RULES IT DIDN'T SAY WHAT SIZE OF CARB YOU CAN RUN. IT JUST SAID FOUR BARREL HOLLEY OR QUAD?

On the carb rule, You can run any size Holley you want. But it must be a Holley, can't be a Barry Grant or demon or something like that. Can you refesh me on the subject I was suppose to ask about your car. I haven't talked to either the tech man or the owner in about a week but I will be seeing them tomnorrow.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Archived