Dani Promotions to sponsor Snokhous for 2004

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 11, 2004

Dani Promotions takes trip 'into the fast lane' with Snokhous

Dani Promotions of Austin announced it will sponsor the #03 late model car, driven by David Snokhous of Round Rock, for the 2004 race season.

Chuck Licata, president of Dani Promotions, announced the sponsorship Sunday morning on The Motorsports Zone radio show on KVET-AM 1300 in Austin, TX. Licata co-hosts the weekly auto racing show with Ric Clark. Snokhous sat in on the show at the KVET-AM studios for the announcement.

"It's actually pretty funny how this came about," Licata revealed. "Last year during some races at San Antonio Speedway, David - a long-time friend - came up and started needling me about sponsoring his car. I told him that my company was only a year old - as was the radio show - and sponsoring a car wasn't feasible. However, I jokingly told him that if and when we could, he'd be the first one I'd call."

Licata continued, "I decided to make the sponsorship a priority for Dani Promotions in 2004 because I wanted to show our commitment to the local race community. The company's accountant, Rebecca Cooper, worked out a program where we could direct a little bit towards sponsorship. We hope to procure more sponsorships, with more local drivers, in 2005."

The Motorsports Zone logo will be placed on the hood of the #03 late model car, which is owned by Clyde Ison. As part of the agreement, updates on Snokhous' performance will be provided on the show on a weekly basis. Snokhous, a two-time Hobby Stock champion at Thunder Hill Raceway, plans to run in the Late Model series at Thunder Hill Raceway and with the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS) in 2004.

"The Ison Motorsports Team and #03 Snooky Racing are very excited about the association with Dani Promotions and The Motorsports Zone (radio show)," Snokhous stated. "We look forward to carrying The Motorsports Zone logo on the hood of the #03 late model car. We are pleased to have the opportunity to promote the radio show and - as a part of the sponsorship - enjoy the promotion that our team will receive with the sponsorship."

Other sponsors for the Ison Motorsports Team and #03 Snooky Racing include: Special Automotive; Ray Ison; Sharp Upholstery; Stars and Stripes Fireworks; Austin Drive Train; Snokhous Plumbing; Jimmy & Lynn Stubblefield; Austin Performance Machine.

Archived