THR weather

C Molis

To Christine and all who'd like to come to THR tonight...

I will be at the track at 2 p.m. today...any and all are welcome to call me direct on my cell, 512.736.8230, to get an update on the weather...I'll be happy to give you an on-the-scene update, since we appreciate your support of the track..

I will work with Tracie to keep an eye on the weather radar as well...

Let's hope we avoid the rain. Texas State University's new football coach, David Bailiff, is today's Grand Marshall (see Press Release forum), and he's bringing a few muckety-mucks with him. For their sake I hope we get to pull tonight off...

And for everyone, I hope you have a safe trip to THR... :D

When I looked at the radar it was all staying north us in the hill country.

(for now anyway)

If you are having rain in East Austin is has to just be a little shower and stopped by now cause nothing is on radar.

Hey, I'm trying to think positive here.

According to the KXAN Future Clouds and Radar, there will be a line of thunderstorms passing through the area around 2:00pm with some light showers ahead and behind the thunderstorms. The good news is it looks like the rains come to and end pretty quickly after the frontal passage and doesn't start again until early Sunday morning. If we don't flood the enfield too much we might be able to get the races in.

A Special Note: The storms that pass through around 2:00 will possibly be severe with frequent lightning, large hail and damaging wind. Everyone going to the track should be prepared to take cover in the event of severe thunderstorms.

Greg

Here's the lastest from the National Weather Service

+++++++++++++++++++++

SHORT TERM FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE AUSTIN/SAN ANTONIO TX

1052 AM CDT SAT APR 10 2004

TXZ173-187-189>194-202>208-217-218-101700-

BANDERA-BASTROP-BEXAR-BLANCO-CALDWELL-COMAL-GUADALUPE-HAYS-KENDALL-

KINNEY-LEE-MAVERICK-MEDINA-TRAVIS-UVALDE-WILLIAMSON-ZAVALA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...AUSTIN...BANDERA...BASTROP...BOERNE...

BRACKETTVILLE...CRYSTAL CITY...EAGLE PASS...GEORGETOWN...GIDDINGS...

HONDO...JOHNSON CITY...LOCKHART...NEW BRAUNFELS...SAN ANTONIO...

SAN MARCOS...SEGUIN...UVALDE

1052 AM CDT SAT APR 10 2004

.NOW...

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH UNTIL 4 PM...

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS, SOME POSSIBLY SEVERE, WILL BE MOVING INTO THE AREA THIS AFTERNOON AHEAD OF A STRONG COLD FRONT.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Nick Holt

The National Weather Channel doesn't give central Texas much of a chance of staying dry this afternoon and particularly tonight. They are posting 70%, winds and cold.

Some Texas Pro Sedans race teams are on the road right now. I am receiving many calls on race status.

Lets hope we hear some kind of a decision from Brian soon.

Neil Upchurch

Race Director

Texas Pro Sedans

MY OL'LADY IS POUNDING ON THE DRUM, AND I'M DOING MY BEST TWO WRIST RAIN DANCE (THAT'S THE ONLY PARTS THAT DON'T HURT)...I'M JUST JOSHIN' - I'M HOPING YOU GUYS GET TO RACE AND I GET TO WATCH...

It's dry at Lake Travis (Mansfield Dam), and the radar shows the cold front that's coming through to be just north of us and moving east. South looks good, but it's anybody's guess. We'll just have to keep watching, though the pattern should be a lot clearer in an hour or so.

The THR race procedure, in previous years, has been to give out rain checks and no refunds. If you are in the pit, keep your wristband and that will get you in the following week. If all of the races are completed up to the intermission, that was a complete night and no rain checks are issued.

Greg

Not raining here at THR yet! Keep your fingers crossed.

We will keep you informed about the weather situation here at the track.

Anti-rain dance going on here.

Later

Nick Holt

Archived