Biscut Bars & torque Links In TSRS & LM

NewRacer

I have wondered why THR & TSRS do not let

theLate Models run A torque link or aBiscut bar on the 3rd link of the Rear end.

This would even out the feild , and help guys get a better handle on their cars quicker & cheaper.

This would help save drivers tire money in the long run.

I have ran on before on a late model & it really made a difference.

They do not cost much to buy.

I was wondering if any one has any ideas why they do not let Late Models run them?

Thanks for your feed back.

Victory Lane

I have run various torque absorption devices in conjunction with the upper link over the years. The only time they are truly effective are when used with very high-output engines or on dirt. There is no real substitute for setting the car up using proven suspension engineering techniques. If a team finds that running a torque absorption device helps their handling, it is just covering up a more basic problem in the rear suspension. Most frequently such problems are associated with the rear spring rates, anti-squat settings and roll steer issues.

I will bring this matter up with Jack Sanderfur, but at this point it just seems like an added expense that may not really be needed.

Nick Holt

Nick you may have hit the nail on the head.

If a team is learning as they go, as so many are they may not know where to set everything up in the Rear suspension.

A torque link will help them be able to race until the figure out what everyone else already knows.

I wish I knew everything about setting up a late model when we bought our first late model.

It took 2 years to figure out everything.

I think if you gave the top 3 fastest cars a torque link to run they would be

1-2 tenths faster.

The slower guys would be much faster than they were just because they do not know how to set up the chassis to get forward bite.

Just my 2 cents.

Bryan lane

I wish I knew even half of everything when it comes to setting up a car. So many theories, so little time. We have expeimented with torque absorbtion devices and also with the Lefthander style rs trailing arm link with limited success. I have to go with Nick on this one, there is no substitute for a well balanced car. Everything else is just a crutch. jp

Archived