Track Conditions

What a track! Lawrence West is the man! Oh and that guy driving the water truck. :P

That was a track to envy!

That guy in the water truck? I will have you guys know, Lawrence is now out of town and I will just have to see who I want the LAST track of the season be best for...........HA HA HA ;):lol:

What a track! Lawrence West is the man! Oh and that guy driving the water truck. :P

That was a track to envy!

That guy in the water truck? I will have you guys know, Lawrence is now out of town and I will just have to see who I want the LAST track of the season be best for...........HA HA HA ;):lol:

How about the fans they deserve to watch side by side racing instead of follow the leader heat races.

Well, I've got friends on both sides of this one.... I had the privilege of driving a car with the Super Stocks on Saturday and had a great time. Thank you John Andel.... Lauren says she prefers the dry slick and that does bring out the patience and makes you practice throttle control. Of course, in Lauren's case, her car works better on dry slick so she would prefer that, but she needs to learn driving both conditions. To me, having variable conditions will make a driver gain skills in the long run that they can take with them to other tracks when they visit.

What I really like is when you don't know what a track is going to be like until you get there. For example, at the Havoc it went slick as would be expected with that many cars and was less of a motor track. On the 24th, it was pretty darn slick. This last Saturday, it was more of a motor track, and it is fun to see the motors work sometimes.... Less throttle control, but you still have to be very alert and drive just the same. Having different conditions from one week to the next keeps it interesting and actually creates some sceanarios of seeing different people up front, which is good for building confidence in drivers and good for the fans to see different scenarios. I really liked Saturday's conditions. And, I've had good results on other conditions as well.

Folks get frustrated when a track is too dry every week. Folks get frustrated if a track is too heavy every week. Keep 'em guessing and you'll be able to appeal to the largest of the customers...

By the way Eric, your car was awesome and is so sharp looking! And, it was great to see my old buddy Mike Davenport make the 3.5 hour haul over. They don't get much nicer than Mike...

Well, I've got friends on both sides of this one.... I had the privilege of driving a car with the Super Stocks on Saturday and had a great time. Thank you John Andel.... Lauren says she prefers the dry slick and that does bring out the patience and makes you practice throttle control. Of course, in Lauren's case, her car works better on dry slick so she would prefer that, but she needs to learn driving both conditions. To me, having variable conditions will make a driver gain skills in the long run that they can take with them to other tracks when they visit.

What I really like is when you don't know what a track is going to be like until you get there. For example, at the Havoc it went slick as would be expected with that many cars and was less of a motor track. On the 24th, it was pretty darn slick. This last Saturday, it was more of a motor track, and it is fun to see the motors work sometimes.... Less throttle control, but you still have to be very alert and drive just the same. Having different conditions from one week to the next keeps it interesting and actually creates some sceanarios of seeing different people up front, which is good for building confidence in drivers and good for the fans to see different scenarios. I really liked Saturday's conditions. And, I've had good results on other conditions as well.

Folks get frustrated when a track is too dry every week. Folks get frustrated if a track is too heavy every week. Keep 'em guessing and you'll be able to appeal to the largest of the customers...

By the way Eric, your car was awesome and is so sharp looking! And, it was great to see my old buddy Mike Davenport make the 3.5 hour haul over. They don't get much nicer than Mike...

Well said Monty. Glad to see you have some fun in my old ride.... still a good car ;) ... thanks and see you at the track

Archived