Non Points Mid season Track Champ. Want One?

abrungot

23 members have voted

1. 1. Non Points Mid season Track Champ. Want One?

• Be there waiting in line!!!!
    • Long as the wife lets me play?!!??!
    • Hey Do it for the fans!!!!
    • Don't have the $$$
    • Only if there are points too.

Ok,

Here are my thoughts.... Nick correct me if I am wrong There is an open date in June...

I am a Yankee and proud of it, and around mid-season bragging rights get issued as mid-season Track Champion!

No points just take the money and run!!

Here is my thought of how something like this could work. Payout depends on car count so tell your buddys!!!

There is normal practice, No time trials, No heat races.. Call it all or nothing.

Features are long and contain a Comp Yellow, with a catch,

Your welcome to enter the pits, If you do you go to the back as normal.

BUT the catch is the field gets inverted. (Lead Lap Cars only) For all, two groups Pits and no pits. If you don't go to the pits you get field position. Call it rolling the dice. *(Explain more if needed)

Here are my thoughts on Laps:

Grand stock 20 laps Comp yellow 2/3 of race complete

Hobby Stock 50 laps Comp yellow 2/3 of race complete

Street Stock 75 laps Comp yellow 2/3 of race complete

Late Models 100 laps Comp yellow 2/3 of race complete

Complicated i know.. but i see huge benifits

Help fund the car for the rest of the season

Increased Car count

Fan's can we say FAN's!!!!

Tee-shirts.. hey maybe part of the Sales can go to the Drivers Point fund!!

Not to mention Chuck has a chance to do what he does best. Announce and Market Something that I always loved!!!!!! True short track racing!!!!

Thought Feedback please.. I am sure we can print these for Brian to read.

Its kind of pointless man. And you dont need a comp. yellow on a 75 lap SS race or for that matter on a grand stock race. Their not like LMs I mean what ya gunna do go on a beer run for the driver? A 100 lap LM race and comp yellow thats pointless too.

Here is the idea about the invert... Its about balance. You can charge to the front and get the $$ for the first segment, then if you pit,or invert, your in the back again. Usually the 1-3 pay for the bonus... If you can go to the front again.. You desearve the $$.. Starting positions are drawn.. that way it evens the odds.. you may not have the fast car.. but your set up lasts longer over the race so your not at suck a large disadvantage.. Thoughts.. its and open table

The only thing is I dont where your gettin at about sales. I mean the pit crew aint all gunna go buy a burger cause their driver came in. And the driver certainly isnt gunna want a burger he aint thinkin about eatin just racin. A comp yellow for a 20 lap grand stock race I mean common after opening weeks field? If you inverted last weeks field you would just be one spot back. A LM race I can sort of see the benefit of something like this but you need to atleast make it 125 but then again you get into a long drug out race so you have to factor in the cautions for lets say the first 30 to 40 laps. So you get into a whole big drug out deal thats will take more planning than its worth. So why not keep it how it is. The one thing I could see is changing the LM laps from 30 to 45. Just my 2 cents. :D

The only thing I would adjust would be the invert. How about just starting the field with no qualifying or heats with an invert of the points.

Jason, that's how we start the feature races every week at THR except for the occasional night when we run qualifying laps.

The idea is interesting, but you would lose a few cars if you don't attach points to it.

cs

I THINK ANYTIME I GET TO RACE IS GREAT...A THREE TRACK TIE-IN FOR A NON POINTS SHOOT OUT IS EVEN BETTER, BUT THERE'S TOO MANY TANGLES IN THIS BEFORE MENTIONED EQUATION...BUT THAT COULD ALL BE WORKED OUT. I LIKE AN IDEA OF (2005) SPRING SHOOT OUT-C.C. SPEEDWAY

(IE) TX. HEAT- JULY T.H.RACEWAY

THEN PLACING THE PRESTIGE BACK ON, OCTOBERFAST- S.A.S

A SEPERATE POINTS SYSTEM FOR JUST THIS 3 RACE SEGMENT TO TO BE GIVEN A TITLE AND PRESTIGE OF IT'S OWN. WITH AWARDS AND $$$ BASED OFF IT'S OWN CALIBRATION...OF COARSE THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WOULD HAVE TO TAKE PLACE FOR ALL CLASSES NEXT SEASON, WHEN THE RULES BETWEEN THE TRACKS ORGANIZATION HAVE BEEN BETTER KNITTED TOGETHER (NOT RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG)...ANYWAY ,JUST MY THOUGHTS-AND THEY'RE STILL PRETTY FOGGY ONES AT THAT SO IF THIS SOUNDS FOOLISH I'M SORRY...-SHAWN PAUL

Archived